The Whirlpool ED5KVEXVQ is a very basic refrigerator system that is ideal for a small to medium-sized family. It has plenty of freezer and refrigerator space that can house different kinds of foods especially produce, vegetables, snacks, cartons of juice and milk and so much more.
Whirlpool ED5KVEXVQ Features
- 25.3 cubic feet total capacity: freezer has 9.9 cubic feet capacity and 15.2 cubic feet for the refrigerator
- With 3 adjustable slide-out SpillGuard shelves
- Adjustable gallon bins
- 2008 Energy Star qualified
- With a factory installed automatic ice maker
- With up-front refrigerator controls and dial temperature controls
- With an Adaptive Defrost System
- With a deep freezer bin
- With a clear snack pan
- With a Pur Push Button Filtration System
- With a textured door finish
- With adjustable rubber roller and sleeves
- With a dispenser control lock
- Manual defrost with a defrost drain and cover
It has basic temperature controls like an efficient refrigerator door gasket that tightly seals the unit to prevent cold air loss. The handy ice and water dispenser system makes it handy to get these without opening the door again minimizing fluctuations in temperature and humidity. The unit may not have automatic defrost systems but with your clever judgment you can easily switch off the unit so it can defrost completely.
Designed for simplicity
The Whirlpool ED5KVEXVQ has a very simple design; it has an easy to open door plus ice and water dispenser all in white outer finish. This is perfect for a modern-style kitchen since it looks clean and seamless. The white color will complement any wall color, kitchen décor and lighting. White is also easy to clean and will never retain odor.
Whirlpool has been a well-known home appliance brand and has been a standard for refrigerators for years. There are newer refrigerator models for this brand but definitely there is nothing wrong with going back to the basics. The Whirlpool ED5KVEXVQ will certainly be an ideal refrigerator for a family looking for a basic, no-fuss unit.
Advantages of using the Whirlpool ED5KVEXVQ
- Easy to use and will work without a fuss. All you need is to switch it on, select the temperature settings that you want and store all your food inside. No more fuss about the humidity or doing all other complicated settings. The bins and drawers are enough for an ample supply of food for a small family; there are adequate shelves and adjusters that you can use to store all sorts of foods with different shapes and sizes.
- The Whirlpool ED5KVEXVQ may have simple controls but it works well in keeping interior temperatures perfect for your food. The temperature controls are on a dial which is not complicated at all. You can set it and store your food with ease knowing that this fridge will keep cool no matter what.
- There is a key-eject lock that will secure the large fridge doors from prying small hands. You can simply lock these to prevent accidents and with a simple push while turning the key, you can access food inside the fridge.
Disadvantages of using the Whirlpool ED5KVEXVQ
- The main problem with the Whirlpool ED5KVEXVQ was that the unit was noisy. And this is not just the usual refrigerator noise, it was too loud to even rest or sleep especially in a small apartment or room.
- Since the water line from the water tank to the water dispenser on the front door of the fridge is made of plastic, there have been several complaints of leaks in this system. Most customers were very dissatisfied since their units were fairly new.
Overall, when it comes to cooling and freezing, the Whirlpool ED5KVEXVQ is an ideal, no-fuss system that will work with its basic functions. It is ideal for a small family since it has an average capacity. However, with the many complaints of noise and breaking water dispenser line, it may not be a reliable or durable model. There are more advanced and more updated Whirlpool models that may be more efficient than this one; a conscientious homeowner should think of considering newer models instead of dealing with noise issues and other complaints of a plain model like the Whirlpool ED5KVEXVQ.