The Whirlpool ED5FVGXWS Side by Side Refrigerator is designed to bring form and function to a kitchen, with its stainless steel finish and practical storage features. This Energy Star rated fridge is meant to preserve perishables, while attractively accenting almost any kitchen.
Whirlpool ED5FVGXWS Side by Side Refrigerator Features
- 25.3 cu. ft. Capacity; 15.4 cu. ft. Refrigerator capacity, 9.9 cu. ft. Freezer capacity
- Flat textured, radius door design with bow handles
- EZ-Touch ice and water dispenser
- Integrated automatic ice maker
- PuR push-button 6-month filtration system
- Accu-Chill Temperature management
- SpillGuard glass shelves are adjustable
- Humidity-Controlled crisper is see-through
- Meat pan is see-through
- Freezer bin is full-width
- Freezer has Adaptive Defrost system
- Gallon-sized door bins
- Dimensions: 69-3/4” H x 35-1/2” W x 33-3/4” D
The Whirlpool ED5FVGXWS Side by Side Refrigerator has slide out, adjustable glass shelves with SpillGuard design. This helps items stored inside this appliance be within easy reach and can be easily cleaned. The EZ-Touch ice and water dispenser provides cubed or crushed ice, and features a 6-month PuR water filtration system. This means that there is the option of filtered or non-filtered water from the dispenser of this refrigerator. Large containers can be placed in the fridge door thanks to the gallon-sized door bins. The freezer boasts an 6th Sense Adaptive Defrost system, which helps to better preserve food and save energy by defrosting only when it is necessary. All of this is wrapped up in an Energy Star rated, sleek, radius door designed, stainless steel package.
How have customers rated the Whirlpool ED5FVGXWS? The pros and cons as stated in numerous customer reviews will reveal quite a bit about the performance level of this major kitchen appliance.
The Pros of Whirlpool ED5FVGXWS Side by Side Refrigerator
- This refrigerator is beautiful. It is very aesthetically pleasing.
- The size of this appliance is wonderful. It has enough storage for a family of four. There is a lot of door storage. The door bins easily hold gallon containers. The shallow counter depth of this refrigerator makes it a great fit in the kitchen.
- The slide out shelves provide easy reach of items. The fridge shelves are easy to adjust.
- This fridge keeps items at the proper temperatures. It has accurate temperature controls.
- The freezer of this unit provides ample space. Pizza boxes can fit in this freezer. This freezer is “cavernous” and easily accommodated about a hundred pounds of meat.
- The water and ice on the door is very convenient. The water fliter can be easily changed and indicates when this needs to take place. The ice maker provides plenty of ice for party situations.
- The door handles are very sturdy. The doors of this appliance open well even next to a wall.
- This fridge makes a great replacement for a previous Whirlpool appliance.
- This refrigerator is a good value for the money.
The Cons of Whirlpool ED5FVGXWS Side by Side Refrigerator
- The ice maker makes quite a bit of noise. The ice maker sounds like an air compressor. The ice maker takes up too much space in the freezer. The ice maker is not easy to empty and at times needs to be defrosted. The ice maker should have a separate tray for better accesiblity in a party or cooler filling situation. The door dispenser can suffer from freezing over. It periodically makes loud noises. It at times makes a hissing noise.
- The stainless steel finish on the doors readily reveals fingerprints and handprints. It can be difficult to clean the smudges and marks off of the doors of this fridge. The quality of the stainless steel appears to be rather cheap, since magnets stick to it.
- The door handles work loose and have to be tapped back into place repeatedly.
- The plastic on the edge of the shelves started to crack after a couple of years.
Overall, most people who have submitted reviews on this Whirlpool side by side refrigerator have been quite pleased with its style and performance. There have been quite a few comments on the noise level of this appliance though. Even many of those consumers who were not particularly bothered by the noise commented upon this fridge being loud from time to time. There have been a number of comments that made no mention of the sound or said that this unit runs quietly. So, that indicates that there is some sort of inconsistency either with the manufacturing of the appliance itself, or perhaps where it is placed in a kitchen has some effect on the noise level of the ice maker. There have also been some complaints about the placement of the ice maker. There are some consumers who would prefer that it be on the door and have a separate, removable tray. There have also been comments about either having to frequently keep the fridge doors cleaned or them not being able to be kept clean.
Most people have been thoroughly enjoying the use of this appliance. It apparently nicely compliments other stainless steel appliances by Whirlpool and is pleasing to the eye. Most consumers found that the Whirlpool ED5FVGXWS Side by Side Refrigerator has plenty of storage space and that the adjustable, slide out shelves make everything easy to access and organize. The door bins make storing a variety of items easier and most consumers really enjoy the see through drawers. There has also been plenty of positive talk about the performance for the price. This side by side, stainless steel fridge has a lower price tag than many others. The overall size of this appliance has also made it an good fit in a number of kitchens, while still holding a lot of perishables. From the right retailer, this Whirlpool appliance can be purchased for around $1200. It may not be the refrigerator for big families, but it seems to work well for families of four.