The Weber Genesis S-310 is a grill that is ideal for someone who loves to entertain and for someone who loves to cook. This grill is made for cooking not just your usual homemade burgers and marinated steaks but the large cooking capacity allows the user to cook large fish, large cuts of meat and a whole chicken or poultry and still have time to grill vegetables and prepare side dishes.
The need to have a fully functional grill is essential in cooking meats, poultry, fish, seafood and vegetables in just the right way. A full grill needs to efficient and must have a lot of space to cook or grill different kinds of foods as well as heat different kinds of dishes. A large grill like the Weber Genesis S-310 Stainless-Steel 637-Square-Inch Grill will be an ideal outdoor grill for any home as well as a small restaurant that serves grilled foods.
Weber Genesis S-310 Features
- Weighs 179 pounds and measures 41.9 x 32.5 x 24.3 inches
- With a 507 square inch capacity, 130 square inch warming area a total of 637 square inch cooking area
- Powered by liquid propane gas
- Features a front mounted control system
- With 3 stainless steel burners with individual ignition system
- Comes with 2 large and heavy-duty front locking casters and 2 back swivel casters
- With a 38,000 BTU per hour input
- With steel flavorizer bars, tool hooks and heat deflectors that are porcelain-enameled
- Comes with cooking grates, an enclosed cart with steel doors, stainless steel shroud and handle plus a built-in center-mounted thermometer to determine cooking temperatures easily.
- Comes with a catch pan where grease channels from the food to the bars to the dripping tray or pan.
- Comes with a fuel gauge to determine how much fuel you still have.
- Comes with an owner’s guide and cookbook
- Comes with a flexible hose for natural gas and a 20 pound liquid propane gas tank which is sold separately.
- Comes with a limited warranty
Cooking at The Right Temperatures
Uneven cooking is a problem with grilling since searing the meat often cooks the outside of the meat only; but when you cook with a Weber Genesis grill, meat, poultry, fish and all kinds of vegetables are cooked thoroughly. This is because of the large cooking shroud that completely envelops cooking for with the right cooking temperature for even cooking.
Weber Genesis Grills
Weber grills have inspired so many cooks and homeowners to create their own grilling recipes as well as host unforgettable outdoor events. Weber is the name for quality, innovation, performance and service; people who love to grill acknowledge that Weber Genesis grills like the Weber Genesis S-310 means true performance. It won’t be long when this grill becomes the ideal outdoor grill of homes far and wide.
Advantages of using a Weber Genesis S-310
- The large cooking area is one of the best features of the Weber Genesis S-310. In regular-sized grills, you have barely enough room to cook a large chunk of meat and a whole chicken at the same time but with the Weber Genesis S-310 you will be able to do this effortlessly. There is also a spacious warming rack where you can stack your cooked steaks and vegetable pieces as you get ready to serve them hot.
- The large shroud is ideal for cooking foods from the inside out and not just searing meat from the outside. You will never need to worry about taking too long to cook as well since this shroud will also help you cook faster and more evenly even when you are grilling large meat slices, sausages, a whole chicken or a large cut of fish.
- The thermometer built on the shroud helps you maintain temperature inside the grill so that all kinds of foods will be cooked just the way they should be. There are also handles that will prevent you from burning your hand even when you do not wear any mittens at all.
- The large stainless cart is ideal for housing the liquid propane gas as well as other cooking equipment and utensils as well. You can easily roll the grill on the cart together with the tank and all the materials and ingredients you need to cook. This cart also resists stains, heat and scratches; you can easily clean it with a wet rag or a sponge.
- The flavorizer bars and the grill’s grease management system will efficiently remove dripping grease away since grease may ignite and cause an uncontrollable fire. You can efficiently clean this grill by removing the angled grease tray and catch pan. The entire grill is very easy to clean; you can detach most surfaces and just place them under running water to clean. No need to scrub or use elbow grease to completely clean the grill.
Disadvantages of using a Weber Genesis S-310
- There are different complaints regarding the Weber Genesis S-310 but most of these are very isolated cases of broken cart doors and cart hinges which has been more of a delivery problem rather than a manufacturer’s defect.
- A disadvantage seen in the design of the grill is the way the cart was designed. There are gas vent holes on the sides that are purposely made this way however water or rain water may get in the cart easily through these vents.
Overall, the Weber Genesis S-310 Stainless-Steel 637-Square-Inch Grill is a portable grill that will be an ideal outdoor grill to use by homeowners who love to cook, grill and entertain. The body, cart and grill are well designed and are ideal to cook large portions of meat, poultry and fish all at the same time. Having a large grill such as this will totally save you time and effort in cooking for a large family or for a party. The price at less than $850 online is very reasonable since it has features that can make outdoor grilling and cooking more enjoyable compared to regular types of grills.