Finding an ideal electric burner that you can use for both indoor and outdoor applications is not that simple. This is because you have to take into account several factors such as heat retention, durability and ability to heat up quickly amongst others. Above all, you need to make certain that the burner is small and light. The Waring SB30 1300-Watt Portable Single Burner Cooktop features everything you have always wanted in a burner.
For starters, the cooktop measures 10.8 x 11.5 x 4 inches and weighs a paltry 7.2 pounds. This in turn ensures that you can effortlessly carry it from one location to another and store it after use with relative ease. If space is an issue in your apartment and still want a burner with the right heat and temperature settings that you can use for preparing all kinds of foods, rest assured that the Waring Portable Burner will serve you properly.
Aesthetics is the other reason why you need to invest in this portable cooktop. The housing boasts of a polished stainless steel thus ensuring that the burner can easily blend with the design and décor used in your indoor and outdoor living areas. What’s more is that, the brushed surface ensures that cleaning is not an issue as soon as you are done with cooking.
In spite of its small size, you can rest assured that the cooktop will heat up quickly and retain the heat thanks to the cast-iron plates. But the manufacturer did not stop there. Built into the burner is an adjustable thermostat that allows you to select appropriate heat and temperature settings. Other features that are worth writing home about include the six feet cord which eliminates the need for adding a power extension cable in your kitchen.
Waring SB30 1300-Watt Portable Single Burner Cooktop Features and Specifications
- Compact design and build. This in turn allows you to use the burner even in tight-fitting places thus making it suitable for persons living in dormitories, studio apartments and flats.
- Cast-iron plate designed for durability and heat retention. Therefore, you can rest assured that you food will not get cold as you prepare the table.
- Indicator lights. The “on” indicator light functions in telling you that the burner is on, whereas the “ready” indicator light functions in telling you that the plate has heated up and is ready for use.
- Polished stainless steel housing that not only makes the burner easy to clean, but blend effortlessly with the design and décor used in the kitchen.
- Adjustable thermostat that enables you to choose an appropriate heat and temperature setting. Consequently, you can use the burner for cooking virtually all types of foods.
- 1 year limited warranty. In case of any manufacturing flaws, you can rest assured that the manufacturer will bear the costs.
One Year Limited Warranty
While purchasing a home appliance, you want to be assured that your investment is safeguarded against any manufacturing flaws. The fact that the manufacturer has provided a 1 year limited warranty on the Waring SB30 1300-Watt Portable Single Burner Cooktop is a sign of quality. Therefore, should you notice any manufacturing flaws; all you have to do is pack it and send it back to the manufacturer.
No matter how many cutting-edge features a product may boast of, if the finishing is poor, chances are that only a handful of consumers would be interested in it. The housing is made from polished stainless steel that functions in:
- Ensuring durability since stainless steel is not prone to damages such as rusting.
- Ensuring that the cooktop blends easily with the design and décor used in your indoor and outdoor living area.
- Ensuring that the cooktop is easy to clean.
Depending on what you are cooking, you may want to increase or decrease the temperature produced by the burner. The adjustable thermostat allows you to select the right heating and temperature setting to suit your needs.
- The plate is made from cast-iron and this is important in ensuring:
- That the plate heats up quickly.
- That the transfer of heat to the cookware is fast.
- That the plate retains its heat even after switching it off thus ensuring that your food is still hot by the time it is served.
The Pros and Cons
By now, chances are that you are keen on knowing if the Waring SB30 1300-Watt Portable Single Burner Cooktop is as good as it says on paper when in use. Many consumers have regretted the decision to purchase a particular product after realizing that it doesn’t offer the features outlined on paper. But this is not the case with the Waring Portable Burner. Listed below are some of the pros and cons of the SB30 1300-Watt Portable Single Burner that will enable you to know if you are making an informed decision while making your purchase.
- 1 year limited warranty. This gives you the much needed peace of mind that your investment is safeguarded in case there are flaws in the burner attributed to manufacturing faults.
- Adjustable thermostats. Depending on what you are cooking, you can easily regulate the heat and temperature thus preventing instances of undercooked and overcooked meals.
- Polished stainless steel housing that makes it easy for burner to blend with the design and décor used in both your indoor and outdoor living area. The finishing also ensures that cleaning is not a problem.
- Non-slip rubber feet that functions in ensuring stability while cooking.
- Low profile design that makes it possible to use the burner on virtually all kinds of platforms.
- Compact design and build thus guaranteeing portability and storage.
The only drawback is the plate which has been designed as a one-size-fits all. This in turn makes it hard to use the cooktop with smaller cookware because of the fear for heat loss.
If you make your purchase online today at Amazon.com, you can acquire the SB30 1300-Watt Portable Single Burner for a paltry $59.00.
Best Electric Cooktop Reviews 2013 – Top 5 Electric Cooktops