Whether you are single or a family person, it is always a good idea to purchase a burner with an additional burner. This in turn allows you to prepare multiple meals simultaneously. The Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner Cooktop is the kind of burner that you should get if space is an issue in your studio apartment, dormitory or condo. It Measures 19.5 by 11.5 by 4 inches and weighs a mere 9 pounds. This in turn ensures that you can effortlessly use the burner for both indoor and outdoor applications.
But, portability and ease of storage is not the only reason why you should invest in the Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner Cooktop. The manufacturer paid close attention to the aesthetic aspects thereby ensuring that you could have a burner that effortlessly blends with the design and décor used in your kitchen. The polished stainless steel is a plus since it is not only easy to clean but durable.
Durability has also been extended thanks to the cast-iron plates fitted on the burner. Then again, the cast-iron plates also function in ensuring that the plates heat up quickly and that the heat is retained for a couple of minutes after switching off the burner. This in turn ensures that the food is served while still warm.
Other features that are worth writing home about include the low profile design that makes it possible to utilize the Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner Cooktop on virtually any counter, 1300 Watt large plate and 500 Watt small plate hence ensuring that you can use different cookware on the burner. Therefore, if you are looking for a durable electric burner featuring two plates that is neither too big nor too heavy for your indoor and outdoor use, consider purchasing the Waring Portable Burner.
Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner Cooktop Features and Specifications
- 1 year limited warranty. The fact that the manufacturer is willing to stand by the product is simply proof of its immense quality.
- Measures 19.5 x 11.5 x 4 inches and weighs 9 pounds. The compact design ensures that you can use the burner even in small areas.
- 1300 Watt large plate designed to accommodate bigger cookware and 500 Watt plate designed to accommodate smaller cookware. Consequently, you can rest assured that you will be able to use virtually all kinds of cookware in spite of their dimensions.
- Separate adaptable thermostats. This in turn gives you full control over each burner. Moreover, the adjustable thermostats allow you to regulate heat to your liking.
- Cast-iron plates which not only guarantee durability, but ability to heat up quickly in addition to heat retention.
- Polished stainless steel housing. Finishing is an important aspect as it ensures that the Waring Portable Burner can easily blend with the design and décor used in your kitchen.
- Non-slip rubber feet that functions in ensuring stability of the burner while cooking. Consequently, you do not have to worry about the burner constantly slipping out of place while preparing meals.
One of the key things that you need to pay close attention to while shopping for an ideal burner is warranty. Warranty is proof that the manufacturer is willing to take some responsibility in case there are manufacturing flaws. The fact that the Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner Cooktop comes with a 1 year limited warranty, is an enough proof that the burner is a high-quality product.
No matter how big or small your family is, it is always a good idea to purchase a burner with two heating plates. Nonetheless, it is not just the two burners that attract thousands of consumers to the Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner Cooktop;
- The plates are made from cast-iron thus guaranteeing both durability and heat retention.
- The plates feature varying wattage (i.e. 1300 Watt bigger plate and 500 Watt smaller plate). This in turn ensures that you can use cookware of different sizes on the burner.
The housing has been made from brushed stainless steel. This is advantageous in several ways:
- It ensures that the Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner Cooktop can easily blend with the design and décor used in the kitchen.
- It ensures that the burner is easy to clean.
Each plate features its own adjustable thermostats thus allowing you to select the right heat and temperature setting. What’s more is that, the manufacture has included an “on” and “ready” indicator lights. These features function in:
- Reminding you that the plate is on.
- Telling you that the plate is now ready for use.
The Pros and Cons
Is the Waring Plate Burner as good as it says on paper? This is the million dollar question that a majority of consumers grapple with. Since this review is dedicated to providing you with honest and unbiased review regarding the Waring Portable Burner, it has also included the pros and cons. By weighing each side, you will be able to determine whether investing in the burner is an excellent idea or not.
- The 1 year limited warranty gives you the much needed peace of mind that the manufacturer will cater for any flaws.
- Two plates of 1300 Watts and 500 Watts respectively. This in turn allows you to choose a plate to use depending on your needs and cookware size.
- Adjustable thermostats that allow you to select appropriate heating settings. This in turn ensures that the food is cooked the way you want it.
- Polished stainless steel housing which not only ensures ease of cleaning but durability?
- Low profile design thus making it easy to use the burner on all kinds of countertops.
- Cast-iron plates that ensures fast heating and heat retention.
- Heat wastage. If you have a smaller pan or pot, the 500 Watt plate will not be able to contain it properly thus leading to heat wastage.
If you make your purchase from the web today at Amazon.com, you stand to benefit from the 47% discount on the retail price in addition to the free shipping offer.
Best Electric Cooktop Reviews 2013 – Top 5 Electric Cooktops