The Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Blower is a unit that is good for residential use, especially for clearing walkways, sidewalks, etc. This unit features a compact design but a very excellent performance that’s sufficient for home use. This unit boasts of its Power Curve Technology feature and this feature is the primary reason why a lot of people go for this snow blower. And since this product is created by Toro; a popular and reputable company; it’s not a surprise to be impressed with the quality and the performance it can give.
Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Blower Features
- 15 amp electric motor
- patented Power Curve technology
- Zip Deflector control
- positive-locking ratchet deflector
- Weight: 25 pounds
- ergonomic handle
- cord lock system
- two-year warranty
- Dimension: 36.2 by 18 by 47 inches
- 6-inch wheels
- wide, compact stance, deep-cutting blades
Power Curve Technology
The 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Blower features a 15 amp electric motor, backed by the Power Curve Technology feature that allows the blower to move effortlessly and clear out snow easily. This feature allows the blower to clear 700 pounds of snow from 18 inches wide and 12 inches deep path.
The Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Blower features a Zip Deflector control that allows the user to control how high how low the snow should be thrown. This feature can greatly help prevent accidents where snow is thrown to a passerby, a neighbor’s properly, etc.
This unit is also featured with wide, compact stance, deep-cutting blades as well as 6-inch wheels that contribute to accuracy and effectiveness of this machine. The wheels provide a more snow-gripping action while the blades ensure that a large volume of snow can be handled by the machine.
The Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Blower features a cord lock system which is very convenient since this allows an uninterrupted snow blowing task even if power is interrupted. It also features a lightweight design and compact size which makes it very easy to carry around no matter where you want to put it.
The Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Blower is also equipped with an ergonomic handle so that handling this machine is not a hassle. The handle can also be folded so that storing the machine is also easy and won’t take up a lot of space.
The Pros and Cons of the Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Blower
The Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Blower is one of the most reviewed snow blower in the market. Check out its pros and cons so you can decide easily whether this is the blower you need or not.
- The assembly is simple. It only takes five minutes to put the handle on and attach the levers. It’s very easy for one person to assemble.
- It requires no maintenance or gas/oil. You never have to change the oil in this thing.
- It is very light, anyone can handle it.
- It is small and easy to store and transport.
- It’s quiet.
- It has good build quality and longevity. The entire construction is much sturdier than other models.
- It quickly clears small to medium snow.
- Snow is thrown an impressive distance.
- It is good for using on a wood deck or roof.
- No clogs & the snow slid off the surfaces of the blower & no snow to clean out of the chute when done.
- The directional handle on the chute allows a good dispersion of snow at a low angle so one is not hitting the neighbor’s windows.
- The throw distance of the snow is equal to larger snowblowers but it comes with a reasonable price.
- It clears 10 inches deep snow with no problem.
- It is powerful for an electric unit.
- Its design will save you from extended back pain.
- It’s a Toro product therefore it is reliable.
- It has very easy and clear instructions on how to assemble and maintain the snowthrower.
- It has a pretty helpful manual.
- It fits well in the garage and saves space.
- It is easy to use. It’s easy to just get going even without any experience.
- It is very annoying to keep maneuvering 30 lbs of heavy plastic cord and bending over to move it. In fact, it is annoying to work around an extension cord.
- It is smaller than expected, mostly plastic and very hollow feeling.
- The metal handle seems to flex too easily when pushed with force. You’d worry about breaking it when pushing through deep snow.
- It is expensive compared to other electric snow blowers and gas blowers.
- The wheels are too small so you’d end up dragging it.
- You need to press the trigger AND a small safety button at the same time to activate motor which can be quite difficult if you are wearing gloves and mittens.
- The plastic main trigger seems difficult to keep depressed unless you use two hands.
- The output chute is small compared to small gas blowers.
- You’ll have to juggle the chute control rod a little to get it to lock into the chute, which makes this machine very inconvenient.
- This seems to be a poor quality snow blower with high prices for parts of questionable quality. This is because it is poor in endurance even in light-duty environments.
- You’d be spending close to the purchase price just to keep it operating and functioning exactly the way you want it to.
- The engagement switch has a safety button that is very difficult to use. It makes the thrower difficult to use.
- You’ll have to plug and unplug at the unit to control the motor.
Overall, the Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Blower is not a bad machine for the right situations. It may not be as powerful as the gas blower, but if you are looking for something powerful to use for your snow issues at home, this machine can already be considered the best.