The Snow Joe SJ620 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower is one good-looking snow thrower that has all the right features needed in a good electric snow thrower. The features that this machine mostly contains contribute to its quality and performance which is why this is preferred by a lot of users. This machine boasts of its 13.5 amp motor, 4 blade rotor made of heavy grade steel, as well as other features it contain. This machine is created by Snow Joe so it is guaranteed to last many winters with you as well as solve all your winter snow problems.
Snow Joe SJ620 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower Features
- 13.5 amp motor
- 4 blade rotor made of heavy grade steel
- adjustable discharge chute
- chute deflector
- Easy-glide pivot wheels
- scraper blade
- two year warranty
- Weight: 38.2 pounds
- Dimension: 45 x 19 x 38 inches
The Snow Joe SJ620 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower features a 13.5 amp motor so it can move up to 650 pounds of snow per minute. This extreme power feature of the machine allows it to tackle small to heavy snowfall on driveways and pathways of various sizes even if it is not gas powered.
This machine features reliable 4 blade rotor made of heavy grade steel so it is capable of cutting a full 18-inch wide and 10-inch deep with each pass. It also features a scraper blade at the base of the unit and this makes the performance of this machine when it comes to scraping the snow clear to the pavement, very reliable.
The Snow Joe SJ620 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower features an adjustable chute deflector and this gives the users control over the height of the snow stream as well as it features an adjustable discharge chute that gives users control over the snow discharge direction.
The Snow Joe SJ620 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower features easy-glide pivot wheels that contributes to ease in maneuvering this machine. This makes it easy to turn the machine and push it towards the snow for clearing.
The Snow Joe SJ620 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower features a compact and lightweight design. It comes with a weight of 38.2 pounds and measures 45 x 19 x 38 inches. Therefore, it is a convenient machine that can easily be carried around and store.
The Pros and Cons of the Snow Joe SJ620 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower
The Snow Joe SJ620 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower is a good machine but just as it has a positive side, it also has a negative side. Here are the pros and cons of the SJ620 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower.
- It cuts thru the snow like it was butter and it threw snow that was almost 6″ deep with ease.
- It requires no maintenance so you don’t have to worry about changing fuel unlike the gas blower.
- It works well and is easy to use.
- It threw the snow super high. You don’t have to worry about snow piling up again on areas you have cleared.
- The safety button and lever is super easy to use. It saves you the confusion.
- It only takes a little time to get use to the cord, so even if the cord is annoying, it won’t be for long.
- It is a lot inexpensive than other electric snow throwers.
- It is eco-friendly since it has zero gas emissions. It is also health-friendly as you don’t have to risk inhaling thick smoke that you are likely to inhale with a gas powered snow thrower.
- It is super lightweight so you can “man handle” it very easily. You can push it along with one hand and walk and a brisk pace and then hang it on the wall when you are done.
- It never bogged down or jammed up especially while operating the machine.
- It performs very excellently. You can expect a clear and clean lawn afterwards.
- It works better than shovels.
- It is easy to handle and does the job quickly. It surely saves you time and effort.
- Its electric motor is powerful enough for the smaller snowfalls.
- It is a great item for seniors and those who cannot handle back stress.
- It is a little small, which means you’ll have to make more passes.
- It only does well on dry snows but not on wet snows. When snow is a wet heavy one the snow collects in the shoot and plugs up. It couldn’t lift the wet snow and it accumulated near the expel tube.
- The cord is quite annoying because you’ll need to push it away from time to time as it keeps coming out of the socket. You’d still need to get used to it, which could take time.
- It lacks a convenient handle located on the housing. The only grip allowing the user to lift the SnowJoe at its front end is a crossbar between the two tubes that form the handle assembly.
- It is difficult to store because the crossbar is located too far back from the heaviest part of the machine, about 13 inches behind the chute and when you lift this crossbar, the front of the blower wags about the place in a poorly controlled manner.
- The safety lock is a major pain because it consists of a button that has to be pushed in every single time you want to start the motor.
- The chute throwing angle does not provide sufficient options for adjustments.
- The chute does not hold position.
- The blower has small plastic wheels so you’ll find yourself pushing the blower through the snow instead of having it roll through the snow.
- It is only capable to handle smaller snowfalls.
- It is not a heavy duty tool. It might only be ok for a few inches of light snow and maybe clearing a walkway.
Overall, the Snow Joe SJ620 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower is a great equipment for home use and is a perfect purchase for those who want great power at the right price.