A circular saw is a woodworker’s power tool that has a round, flat blade or cutting disc. The blade has cutting teeth that can easily saw through wood, plastic and even soft metals depending on the type of blade selected. A circular saw is usually handheld, with on and off switches and a protective guard to provide safety for the operator. There are so many types of circular saws in the market today but one model combines ease of use, versatility and safety into one: Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut circular saw. It is currently available online from its official site, from power tools retail sites and various shopping sites online.
The Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut circular saw
The Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut is a powerful handheld circular saw that is ultra compact and versatile. It is a saw that can cut wood, plastic, ceramic, tile, slate, aluminum and sheet metal even when it only weighs 4 pounds. It can replace large and bulky circular saws which only take up space and eat up too much power; it is light and may even out-perform circular saws which are twice as big.
Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut features
- Has a 4.0 amp motor which is efficient for professional wooden projects and even for homeowners who prefer to DIY. Maximum cutting depth of 1 – 1/16 inches.
- Equipped with Laserguide technology that will indicate cut alignment and accurate measurements.
- The circular blade stays safely out of sight with its safe ergonomic design but plunge out indicators will show you exactly where the blades are working on.
- Light for extended hours of use, it weighs just 4 pounds.
- The design is slim, well balanced and provides better control for the operator.
- The Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut circular saw comes with 24T carbide – tipped blade for wooden projects, a 44T HSS blade for aluminum and for PVC pipes and a diamond blade for cutting ceramic tile and cement boards. The box also has a plastic base place cover, a parallel guide, a vacuum adapter and a carrying bag so you can take your Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut anywhere.
- This circular saw is backed with Rockwell’s two-year limited warranty.
Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut advantages
Most that have used the Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut have so many positive reviews about the product. It is praised for its safe, efficient and ergonomic design that you cannot find in circular saws of the same motor capacity. Here are its advantages:
- The Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut is very powerful yet you can use only one hand to operate this power tool.
- It has one of the streamlined designs developed for maximum efficiency and safety in mind. Operator’s hand will rest safely on the handle which is away from the moving circular saw; there are no parts that can fly out of control or may pose as a hazard as you conquer one project after another.
- The laser that guides the circular saw for a precise cut works as efficiently as expected. No more wasting materials and wasting time to perfect project. You will save time as well as money to spend on more materials should you make a mistake in cutting.
- Tight areas are not a problem anymore with the Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut’s efficient power and accuracy. Even regular saws may find it difficult to access very tight areas; only a handheld power tool may be able to take care of these small details.
- All the safety features that you are looking for in a circular hand saw is in the VersaCut. Has a lock-off switch that reduces the possibility of accidental starting, outer hand guards and strong outer shell makes the Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut a tough handheld tool to use.
- It is the circular saw with the most use. Just by swapping blades, you will be able to cut wood, aluminum, PVC pipers, ceramic tiles and even sheet metal. You can never do all these in traditional circular saws.
- Convenient vacuum attachment also makes clean up a cinch, no need to worry about making a mess and clearing it up afterwards.
- Extra attachments or accessories like pipe cutting guides, saw blades, track guides and replacement blades are very affordable and are available at your nearest hardware shop or you may order online. You may also buy extended warranty for your circular saw online.
- The VersaCut is affordable at $129.00. Other circular saws are $10 to $15 cheaper but lack the features that you can only find in a Rockwell.
Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut disadvantages
Although there are so many DIY crafters, homeowners and even professional carpenters and woodworkers who found the Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut a truly impressive product, there are some consumers who were not pleased at all with their purchase; here are some of the disadvantages of this circular saw:
- The design may be safe and ergonomic but most that have actually used the Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut for projects had a hard time to maintain their grip and full control on the saw. The design requires an operator to place his hands 90 degrees forward, this could lead to long term problems like hand pain but may also pose as a risk should the circular saw encounter a kickback situation.
- The fact that this power tool is corded makes it a bit of a challenge for novice users. A cordless tool would be more versatile and more efficient to maneuver even in tight areas but will surely reduce motor performance.
- The warranty is one of the shortest but you may purchase extended warranty online or where you purchased the product.
The Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut circular saw is highly recommended to anyone who is looking for a safe, efficient and smart circular saw to use for a variety of projects at home. Contractors like professional carpenters and woodworkers may also find this circular an ideal addition to their collection of handheld power tools.