The Porter-Cable PCL120DDC-2 is a drill made by Porter-Cable one of the most trusted names in power tools like power sanders, circular saws and so many more. Being a product of such a pioneer company makes this power drill possibly one of the ideal choices for a power tool a hobbyist or a person who loves to DIY.
The main feature of the Porter-Cable PCL120DDC-2 which is a single drill that fits most jobs makes it a practical choice for any type of job; its variety of speeds and applications may also make it a worthy candidate as a shop owner or as a woodworker’s tool. The bit is just a 3/8 drill/driver but guarantees users of many applications which ranges from small drilling jobs like drilling and screwing cabinets, drawers, doors, windows and even drilling upwards which could be a strain if you are using a very heavy drill.
Porter-Cable PCL120DDC-2 Features
- Weighs just 5 pounds and measures 12.4 x 3.6 x 9.5 inches
- Cordless electric drill
- With a 3/8 inch drill/driver that delivers 220lbs of maximum torque power
- With a spindle lock on the drill chuck that improves drilling power
- With 20 drill settings
- Powered by a 12 volt lithium-ion battery
- With a 2-speed gearbox
- With a magnetic bit holder and a belt hook
- With an LED work light
- Comes with a 3 year limited warranty, 1 year free service contract and a 90 day money back guarantee
- Purchase comes with two 12 volt lithium ion batteries, a 30 minute charger, a belt hook, a double-ended screwing bit and a storage bag.
Small but terrible
To note that the drill is just 5 pounds which is half the size of drills/drivers that claim to be lightweight; it still works for simple projects and drilling jobs. The Porter-Cable PCL120DDC-2 proves that weight does matter in complicated jobs since you need to exert too much effort in holding a heavyweight drill by hand as well as guide the drill to do the work perfectly. .
There are many drills/drivers brands and models in the market but this Porter-Cable drill will surely find its way in most homes because of its versatility and lightweight features.
Advantages of using the Porter-Cable PCL120DDC-2
- Being cordless is again a plus; any cordless drill eliminates the fuss and the gripe of dealing with finding extension cords, electric sockets and power strips. And while most DIY projects are done outside the home or in a tool shed where there could be only a few electrical sockets to be found, a cordless model will definitely make the work easier and a lot less of a hassle.
- The lightweight feature of the Porter-Cable PCL120DDC-2 makes it an ideal power tool to use since you can endure long hours of use even in complicated situations. A light tool is also a blessing when you have never handled a power tool before and since most newbies who are new to using drills and fasteners may not be too careful, there is a built-in safety switch.
- The drill bit of this Porter-Cable tool is among its efficient features since it is very durable and has a spindle-lock that maintains grip during heavy duty fastening and drilling jobs. The 20 work settings of this drill are also perfect when you are used to working on different kinds of materials or surfaces. This basically means that you can use it for wood, aluminium, hard metal, corkboards and so many more.
- The Porter-Cable PCL120DDC-2 is also fast without compromising the quality of work done. It can function at speeds from 0-315 and 0-1,200 rpm for high level fastening jobs. You will save time, money and effort in getting DIY jobs faster.
- This drill is compact and has many on board features that make drilling and fastening jobs easier. From a magnetic bit holder that allows bits, nuts and small screws to stick to the tool, it also has an LED light that illuminates your working area with a bright and unobstructed light. An LED work light is brighter and will never fade or grow dim no matter what; LED bulbs are also energy efficient so you can drill and fasten even with the lights on.
- Your purchase comes with a handy carrying case that is padded and very secure. Even when this drill is not too expensive, you can still protect and preserve it so that it may still be used for years to come with this handy case.
- Having a longer warranty than most power tools at 3 years as well as a year’s free service contract makes this an ideal choice for most homeowners who are looking for a reliable company to trust. The 90 day money back guarantee also ensures that consumers or homeowners are purchasing a dependable product.
- Finally, many who have purchased this drill were amazed on how great its batter power was. This was a total surprise since this drill is not even on the high end list. And the fact that your purchase allows you to get 2 battery packs makes it perfect to be used for longer hours.
Disadvantages of using the Porter-Cable PCL120DDC-2
- There are but a few complaints regarding the Porter-Cable PCL120DDC-2. Isolated cases of the chuck being loose as well as the driver coming off. There are no general complaints regarding the drill’s battery, its weight, its features and especially its power. It has been regarded as an ideal driver and drill for most woodworking jobs and projects.
Overall, the Porter-Cable PCL120DDC-2 is an ideal power tool to be used by homeowners, woodworkers, carpenters and for contractors who are looking for a dependable and efficient power tool. It is cordless and lightweight which are two of the most engaging features that most homeowners are looking for. Anyone will also enjoy its features like more settings, on board magnetic tool holders, LED lights and strong chuck; it is also very affordable at less than $90.00 online.