Drills make DIY tasks handy and less of a pressure. Even when there are emergency repairs and fixes needed, drills are always helpful for every homeowner. Milwaukee has always been a name known to provide powerful tools in the market such as the Milwaukee 2410-22 M12 12-Volt Drill and all of its amazing features.
Milwaukee 2410-22 M12 12-Volt Drill Features
- two-speed (0-1,500 and 0-400) durable metal gear box
- powerful motor of 250 in./lbs. torque
- 100-percent metal 3/8-inch single sleeve ratcheting and locking chuck
- Measures 7-3/8 inches
- Weighs 2.5 pounds
- bright LED light
- on-board fuel gauge
- M12 LITHIUM-ION batteries
- Portable tool belt
Reliable Battery Power and Charging Ability
The best thing about cordless and battery operated drills is that they save electricity as they do not require electricity in order to work. However, even with the power of the battery to make these drills work, not all drills are actually reliable. The Milwaukee 2410-22 M12 12-Volt Drill has a reliable battery power because it uses M12 LITHIUM-ION batteries. These batteries are known to provide longer battery life. These batteries are also naturally lightweight and smaller in size than other types of batteries so users can expect that a drill using this type of battery is also lightweight which means more convenient and more comfortable to use.
One thing that makes battery operated drills convenient is the fact that there is no need to replace these batteries from time to time as they can be recharged. This is where the great charging ability of this drill comes in. Lithium ion batteries charge faster than most batteries so it is also expected of a drill using this battery to be used in no time after charging.
With such reliable battery power and charging ability, a drill like the Milwaukee 2410-22 has higher chances of saving users a lot of money in terms of energy-savings.
Advantages of Using the Milwaukee 2410-22 M12 12-Volt Drill
- This drill is a solid tool.
- It has excellent fit and finish as there is no flex in the handle.
- The battery has zero slop in the handle, expected to work for longer and charges quickly.
- It has better torque and speed making it better and a great choice for driving screws.
- It is a lightweight unit so it’s not a burden to use.
- It is powerful enough for its size.
- It comes with a great little battery indicator near the thumb grip that gives accurate battery data.
- It comes with a LED light that’s bright enough to light the area.
- It comes with a great clutch with a variety of settings capable of drilling, seating plastic screws to drilling metal or wood, etc.
- This drill is compact and its compact size allows it to fit in most spaces, even areas hard to reach by bigger drills.
- It has variable speed that allows one to spin slowly when squeezing the trigger a little as well as spins fast when squeezed all the way.
- This is a battery operated drill, therefore, it saves money.
- It has the power to drill nice holes.
Disadvantages of Using the Milwaukee 2410-22 M12 12-Volt Drill
- It comes with a faulty chuck. The chuck auto-loosens. It requires tightening by hand over and above because the bit/drill falls out when used which is a real issue when switching between drill and driver.
- The LED light tends to be useless even if it is bright especially when one uses a longer bit/bit holder.
- The clutch settings seem to be faulty as well. Even with the lowest clutch breakaway setting, users still have the tendency to spin out 3/4″ screws.
- Even if this drill claims to have longer battery life, it actually only has a pretty short one.
- It is a loud drill.
Overall, the Milwaukee 2410-22 M12 12-Volt Drill is a great performing drill for its compact size. It is good for home and DIY projects even those that require driving 3″ decking screws. However, because of its faulty features and parts especially the clutch and the chuck, this drill may not be suitable for numerous projects as it may compromise convenience.