The Miele S2121 Capri Canister Vacuum Cleaner was designed with quiet, high quality, lighweight, multisurface cleaning in mind. The array of attachments, power settings, and the Miele mark of filtration combine to provide top notch, versitile cleaning.
Miele S2121 Capri Canister Vacuum Cleaner Features
- Extremely lightweight (11 pounds)
- Crevice tool, upholstry tool, dusting brush attachment all on VarioClip
- AirClean Filter (or Active HEPA filter option)
- Two floor tools (Parquet Floor Tool and Turbo Comfort Turbobrush)
- 29.5′ cleaning radius
- 1,200 watt Vortex Motor System™ by Miele
- Rotary dial controls
- 6 power settings
- Auto shut off function to prevent motor overheating
- Layer of sound insulation
- Telescoping stainless steel wand with dual parking setup
- 18′ cord with foot-operated auto rewind button
- Patented 4.76 quart, self-sealing, AirClean filtering, 9-layer fiber dust bags
- Indicator light for bag change
- Sturdy non-electric hose swivels at canister and at handle
- Ergonomics and airflow improved in XXL handle
- 360-degree rolling casters (3 count)
- 7-year warranty for the casing and for the motor
- Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval and 2-year warranty
The Filtration System
The Miele S2121 Capri Canister Vacuum Cleaner presents itself as a versatile, German-engineered cleaning machine. This canister vac is powerful yet quiet, courtesy of the layer of sound insulation. It is also light in weight (11 pounds) so that it can be used to clean wherever, without causing strain. The standard filter on this vacuum is the AirClean Filter, which uses material with an electrostatic charge to trap 94% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. There is also an Active HEPA filter option, which traps 99.99% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. The Active feature on the filter is an activated charcoal filter, which absorbs odors as vacuuming takes place. With this Miele vacuum, the AirClean Filter works in tandem with the AirClean filtering bags. These large capacity bags are made of 9 layers of fiber, which have an electrostatic charge. They are also self-sealing, for premium contaminant containment, and the bag indicator light, on the canister, informs when the bag is in need of a change.
The Cleaning Tools and Wand
The floor tools that come with the Miele S2121 Capri are designed to tackle low and cut pile carpets, and hard floors. The Turbo Brush tool uses air to power the rotating brush in order to loosen dirt and debris, and to collect hair and loose fibers. The Smooth Floor Brush tool is a combination of soft rollers and authentic horse hair bristles. These work together to gently move over hard surfaces, and brush dirt and debris out of cracks and grout lines. The VarioClip keeps the other three onboard tools close at hand. So when the crevice tool, upholstry tool or dust brush attachment are needed for a task, they are easily accessed to keep the cleaning process going along smoothly. The stainless steel wand telescopes to create 29.5 feet of reach, making it possible to clean high areas. There are also two parking options for the wand for storge convenience.
The Other Features
The Miele S2121 Capri has a dial to deliver six stages of suction for appropriate and effective cleaning power from the 1,200 watt motor. The lengthy cord can be easily retracted after use by the foot-operated, automatic cord rewind. There is an automatic shut off feature, which protects the motor from overheating. The 360 degrees of swivel on the casters provide ease of manuevability. This German-engineered canister vac comes with a 7-year warranty on the casing and a 7-year warranty on the motor. It also bears the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, which means a 2-year warranty. Not only that, Miele tested this vacuum for longevity and it has been designed to last for 20 long years. With a list price of $439 but an often sale price of $399, it is a more affordable, yet versitile, offering from this Miele line of canister vacuums.
So how do those who own this vacuum rate its cleaning power? An overview of customer feedback can give insight into how the Miele S2121 Capri Canister Vacuum Cleaner truly performs.
- This vacuum has great suction. It picks up so much dirt and debris that it is not necessary to vacuum as often. The cleaning power on the hard surfaces is amazing. Choosing the proper settings make rug cleaning easier. This is the right vacuum for mostly hard floors and just a few area rugs. It really picks up pet hair. This is the perfect vacuum for hard surfaces.
- This vacuum is so quiet. This vacuum is quiet enough for cats to remain in the room.
- It is so easy to manuever. The elderly have no problems getting around with this vacuum, because it is so light. It takes the corners so well. It is so light that it was almost flung out of the box.
- The filtration on this vacuum has really helped to alleviate allergies.
- It is pricey, yet worth it. It is good that Miele has this more affordable option.
- The attachments are easy to switch.
- This vacuum makes cleaning faster and easier.
- The bag last for a long time. The bag holds a lot of dirt.
- The cord could be longer. The cord seems a little cheap.
- The handle is a bit too long to easily clean tight spaces.
- The power attachements cannot be used with this model.
- It is harder to clean medium pile rugs
- Longer pet hair gets caught in the roller so it must be removed in order to continue cleaning.
- The crevice tool is too short.
- It only comes with one bag.
The Overall Conclusion
It seems that the Miele S2121 Capri Canister Vacuum Cleaner really does seem to perform as it was designed. It is meant to clean low pile carpet and hard surfaces. The large capacity bags cut down on expense. This vacuum really does clean quietly and effectively, while reducing dust and allergens. This company is very specific about the capabilities of each vacuum in this line, in order to help consumers make the best choice for their situations.