Makita LXFD01CW Cordless Drill Features
- Measures 16.5 x 12.3 x 5.2 inches and weighs 3.3 pounds
- 18-volt compact cordless
- ½ inch driver drill
- With a four-pole motor that delivers 480-inch per pound of max torque and 290 inch –pound PTI torque
- With a 2-speed metal transmission
- Ergonomically designed with a rubberized grip
- With a built in LED light
- Lithium batteries reaches full charge even after just 15 minutes of charging
- Energy Star qualified
- Comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty that covers repair due to defects on workmanship or on the materials used; batteries and chargers have a limited one year warranty
- Your purchase comes with a ½ inch driver drill, two 18-volt compact lithium-ion batteries, a 15-minuted rapid charger, a tool belt clip, a tool case and a double-ended bit.
The powerful four-pole motor provides the driving force behind every Makita power tool. With this amount of power, it can be efficient for most home and contractor projects like plumbing, electrical, carpentry, woodworking and so much more. You can also use this anywhere you want to go since it is cordless; you will never have to worry about extension cords, power strips and dealing with neatly folding power cords at the end of using the drill. The powerful motor also helps you get into all kinds of material with maximum power.
The Makita LXFD01CW is lightweight so this means it can be used for long periods of time but even with this feature, you may still feel pain and strain over your hands when you continuously use this tool for hours. With this in mind, an ergonomic grip is added which is ideal for extended hours of tool use plus using it in difficult angles and situations. The grip allows the hand to maximize the power of this tool while reducing the strain that is common when gripping power tools continuously.
Makita is a brand which has been a pioneer in every construction and contractor work. It is a symbol of durability, power and versatility. It applies leading features and innovative designs to make their products ideal for any industry; the Makita LXFD01CW is a part of its Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Tool Series.
Advantages of Using the Makita LXFD01CW
- Possibly the most important benefits of this cordless tool is its weight. It is very light at only 3.3 pounds but delivers superb power to do pretty much all drilling, fitting, installing and screwing jobs that any regular-sized drills can do. And along with its light weight, it is also ergonomically designed to allow you to grip the drill as efficiently as you can to put less strain on your hands, wrist and on your arm.
- The Lithium-ion battery feature makes it an ideal cordless power tool to use for any industry. Aside from delivering solid power for drilling on almost all surfaces, it also lasts longer to complete more tasks. You don’t even need to worry about power sockets and extension cords since you are using a cordless device. And having two batteries when you purchase the Makita LXFD01CW is definitely an advantage.
- The handy LED light that illuminates the area you are working on is a big advantage; you can efficiently use this light to see how far your work has gone and to evaluate the progress of the drill as well. LED bulbs also require less power than regular bulbs so this consumes less battery power.
Disadvantages of Using the Makita LXFD01CW
Most that have purchased this cordless drill were quite happy about its performance for light to heavy home projects however, there are complaints that the drill chuck tends to wobble even when the tool was not used often. Most cases that had this problem secured their manufacturer’s warranty or had theirs replaced instead.
Overall, the Makita LXFD01CW is a lightweight, ergonomically designed, easy to use and easy to maintain power tool. It packs a lot of power for a very light drill. There may be several complaints about its moving or wobbling chuck but most consumers were comfortable with their purchase. It is recommended for woodworkers as an efficient drill for their hobby and for contractors who needs a compact and light drill to use.