The Makita LXFD01CW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 0.5 Inch Driver-Drill is the true definition of a powerful and versatile cordless power drill tool. One of the reasons why a majority of power tool users tend to shy away from cordless drills is because the need to stop every now and again to recharge the batteries which then take up to 60 to 120 minutes to full charge. The manufacturer took this into consideration and ensured that the Lithium-Ion batteries that come with the Makita LXFD01CW take only 15 minutes to charge. But that is not the only thing that the manufacturer took into consideration, the Lithium-Ion batteries have a longer battery life compared to those that come with other cordless drills. As a matter of fact, the battery life is 430% more than the standard battery. This in turn ensures less down time and increased productivity.
The fact that Makita is one of the innovators of codeless drilling tools is an enough reason why you need to rest assured that the Makita LXFD01CW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 0.5 Inch Driver-Drill will provide you with the kind of performance that you are looking for. While the company may have started with 7 tools, it has 35 different tools in the market designed to suit different categories of users.
Makita LXFD01CW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 0.5 Inch Driver-Drill Features and Specifications
- Three year limited warranty on the driver drill plus a 12 month warranty on the battery and charger.
- The lithium-ion battery has a 430% additional lifespan compared to other batteries.
- Inbuilt LED light for increased visibility when working in poorly lit and close-fitting areas such as the basement.
- Four-Pole motor with the ability to produce up to a maximum of 480 pound torque.
- Dual speed transmission with the ability to generate up to a maximum of 1,500 RPM.
- Compact build and design thanks to the 16.5 x 12.3 x 5.2 inch dimension and 3 pound weight.
The Makita LXFD01CW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 0.5 Inch Driver-Drill boasts of a powerful motor with the ability to produce up to a maximum of 480 inch pound torque. What’s more is that, the manufacturer has included a dual speed transmission mechanism that has the capacity to produce up to a maximum of 1,500 RPM. This in turn ensures that the drill has the ability to drill through virtually any object ranging from concrete to steel. Consequently, you can utilize the Makita LXFD01CW to drill through a wide range of applications.
The other feature which a majority of consumers look for when shopping for a power drill is ergonomic design. The key reason for this is because ergonomic build guarantees users that the tool is user friendly. The dimension of 16.5 x 12.3 x 5.2 inches and a weight of 3 pounds ensure that the tool is not only easy to store, but portable. The lightweight also prevents the tool from exerting too much pressure on the arms and wrists, thereby minimizing fatigue and exhaustion during work. The handle also features a cutting-edge rubberized lax grip for better comfort while working on different projects.
Then again, there are occasions when you will be compelled to work in tight-fitting and poorly lit areas such as basements and attics. To guarantee accuracy and precision, the manufacturer has included a LED light for better illumination.
The Makita LXFD01CW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 0.5 Inch Driver-Drill has been specially engineered for use on different applications. The fact that the tool can be used on concrete, steel and wood makes it suitable for furnace repair contractors, plumbing services, electrical repair contractors, carpenters and remodeling contractors. The mixture of clout, control and performance in such a small power drill is what makes it ideal for a majority of professional contractors who are looking for a tool that can guarantee them increased productivity and minimal downtime.
The cordless design also ensures that your projects are not restricted by the length of the cable and the obstacles that are around. Consequently, your turnaround time will increase by a considerable margin by making use of the Makita LXFD01CW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 0.5 Inch Driver-Drill.
The Pros and Cons
Now that you are acquainted with the features of the Makita LXFD01CW, chances are that you now want to acquaint yourself with the pros and cons so that you can make an informed decision on whether or not it will be a good investment. Since this review is designed to offer you honest and unbiased review it has also included the pros and cons of the Makita LXFD01CW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 0.5 Inch Driver-Drill.
- Warranty: The mark of a quality product is the type of warranty that it comes with. The tool is not only backed with a three year limited warranty, but also comes with an additional 12 month warranty on both the battery and charger. This is simply an indication that the Makita LXFD01CW is of high quality and will guarantee you increased output.
- Less Downtime: The Lithium-Ion batteries only require 15 minutes to fully charge and you are back to your project. Moreover, the battery life is 430% more than standard batteries which other cordless drills come with. Therefore, you can rest assured that you will be able to achieve your goals and objectives.
- Comfort: The tool weighs a paltry 3.3 pounds and measures 16.5 x 12.3 x 5.2 inches. In addition to the inbuilt LED light and ergonomic grip, you can rest assured that fatigue induced by power drills will not be the case with this particular model.
While everything about this tool is nothing but perfect, a number of consumers will be disappointed by the fact that the chuck collar is not straight.
On the whole, the Makita LXFD01CW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 0.5 Inch Driver-Drill is an excellent tool to have. It does not matter whether you are a professional or an armature. If you make your purchase online today from Amazon.com, you stand to benefit from the 55% discount on the price tag.
Best Cordless Drill Reviews 2013 – Top 5 Cordless Drills