The new Makita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw is a lightweight miter saw which is 12 inch in size and comes with a large cutting capacity for tough jobsite challenges. Its four-rail slide system gives it the cross cut capability of cutting at 90 degrees. Besides, the flip-up blade guard also provides additional perpendicular cutting capacity which makes work easier. The fit and finish of this saw is beyond comparison and the controls are intuitive.
Makita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw Feature
- The exclusive Makita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw has a four steel rail sliding system and six linear ball bearings.
- It also has a larger cutting capacity up to 6-5/8-inch crown molding and 4-3/4-inch baseboard when vertically and 12-inch cross cuts at 90 degrees.
- The powerful 15.0 amp motor in this miter saw provides greater power and cutting accuracy.
- This saw features an exclusive 4-3/4-inch tall dual sliding fence system.
- This miter saw features 52 degrees miter capacity in the left and 60 degrees miter capacity in the right.
- It can also can 2-3/4-in.-thick stock up to 12 inch wide at 90 degrees and up to 1-7/8 inch thick at 45 degrees.
- The Makita LS1016L miter saw can bevel 45 degrees in both directions with its tilted motor and a two-part sliding fence.
- The bevel lock at the back of this miter saw has a V-shaped handle that let you change the setting from either side for easy operation.
- The saw also has a sturdy depth stop and a circular blade for precise cuts.
- The guard retracts smoothly and provides you a clear visibility of the cutting line during work.
Great Cutting Capacity and Accuracy
Having greater cutting capacity, the Makita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw comes with a direct drive gearbox which can ensure superior vertical cutting capacity. The patented retractable guard system in the miter saw has been specifically designed so that you can make large crown molding cuts up to six – 5/8 inches. There is no doubt that you can cut up to 12 inches angled at 90 degrees without any trouble. Also, for delivering jerk free smooth cuts, there are an integrated six linear ball bearings and four steel rail sliding system. The adjustment of the lower and upper fence provides accurate miter cuts and bevel cuts. Besides, if you want, you can angle the saw 0 to 52 degrees in the left and 0 to sixty degrees in the right. The dual handle enables micro adjustments for precision and the laser indicates rotation accuracy of the blade.
Advantages of Using the Makita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw
- The advantage of using the Makita LS1016L is that it cuts really smoothly and accurately.
- The miter saw slides nicely and can make cuts up to 13” wide which can help you cut faster and save time.
- Both the upper bearing and the lower bearing of this miter saw works smoothly.
- The Makita LS1016L miter saw perfectly makes precise cuts with its Four-Steel Rail Sliding System.
Disadvantages of Using the Makita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw
- One of the complaints about the Makita LS1016L is that many customers said they needed to adjust the laser before using the saw.
- Also, the fence is off by a few degrees as criticized by the customers.
- Unfortunately, this miter saw cannot handle vertical cuts more than 4-3/4 inches in tall.
- Many customers also said that, there is no stop for 0 degree bevel due to defective engineering of the saw.
There is no doubt that this Makita LS1016L provides precise cuts with its six linear ball bearings which adjusts itself and cuts smoothly. The patented integrated feature of this miter saw with its four steel rails increases productivity and decreases deflection during work which is much appreciated by the wood workers. The laser adjustment might be an issue for some users. Also, as already discussed there is problem with vertical cuts as well. So, weigh in on the features, pros and cons and decide whether Makita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw is something that is right for you.