Comfort, easy handling and power are the only words that can be used to describe the Makita BHP452HW 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Compact Cordless Percussion-Driver Drill. There are no cordless drills in the market can provide you with up to 450 output wattage while at the same time providing you with variable speed setting that allows you to adjust the power and speed generated by the tool. But perhaps the key feature that will entice you to this power tool is the fact that it can be used as a hammer driver drill or driver drill. Therefore, you do not have to carry multiple tools while heading to a client’s site since the BHP452HW 18-Volt 1/2-Inch can provide you with the same performance as separate drill and rotary hammer.
Makita BHP452HW 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Compact Cordless Percussion-Driver Drill Features and Specifications
- 3 year limited warranty on the tool as well as an additional 12 month warranty on the battery as well as charger. As such, you can rest assured that your investment is safeguarded the instance you purchase the Makita BHP452HW.
- Boasts of a 4-Pole motor with the capacity to generate up to a maximum of 450 pounds maximum torque. This in turn makes it easier for users to utilize the tool for a wide range of applications.
- Variable 2 speed all-metallic transmission system that allows you to choose a speed setting that you are comfortable with.
- Compact design and build that makes it easy to use and handle the tool even when working on tough surfaces.
- Easy storage and portability thanks to the small dimension (i.e. 14.2 x 5.1 x 12.2 inches) plus light weight (i.e. 3.6 pounds).
- Inbuilt LED light for better visibility when working in tight-fitting and poorly lite areas.
- LXT lithium-ion battery with prolonged battery life thus allowing you to work for prolonged hours without charging. Moreover, the lithium-ion battery takes only 15 minutes to charge. Therefore, you can rest assured that downtime will not be an issue with the Makita BHP452HW.
One of the words that a majority of consumers look for when shopping for an ideal power tool is ergonomic. What this means is that tool is not only comfortable to hold but user friendly thanks to the features that have been built therein. For instance, the light weight (i.e. 3.6 pounds) ensures that you can easily handle the tool even when working on tough surfaces such as concrete. The compact design and built also makes it easy to store the tool in small locations. The handle features a soft grip thus making it comfortable to hold and operate the drill in spite of the high torque output. Consequently, issues such as fatigue are non-existent when using the Makita BHP452HW.
If you have been assigned a project in a tight-fitting area such as an attic or basement where lighting could be an issue thereby affecting your performance, you can rest assured that accuracy and precision will not be a problem thanks to the inbuilt LED lighting.
The reason why the Makita BHP452HW 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Compact Cordless Percussion-Driver Drill can be used for a wide range of applications is the fact that the tool can be utilized as a hammer and driver at the same time. This in turn makes the tool ideal for professionals who are looking for a compact power tool that packs power and performance. Its versatile nature makes it ideal for use on applications such as drilling and fastening. The Makita BHP452HW can be used on different objects such as wood, bricks and steel. Therefore, if you an HVAC mechanic, plumbing installation and repair technician or electrical contractor, you can rest assured that the BHP452HW will offer you with the kind of performance you are looking for. Then again, if you are a do-it-yourself user who wants an ideal drilling and fastening tool to add to your list of tools that will enable you to work on a wide range of projects, consider purchasing the Makita BHP452HW 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Compact Cordless Percussion-Driver Drill.
Upon making your purchase, you will be provided with a number of extras in the tool kit such as two compact size lithium-ion batteries, 15-minute quick optimal charger and tool case.
The Pros and Cons
On paper, the Makita BHP452HW 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Compact Cordless Percussion-Driver Drill is the ideal power tool for do-it-yourself users as well as professionals. But, does it actually deliver on the promises? This review has collected a couple of reviews from consumers who have purchased and utilized the tool and as such listed the pros and cons you are most likely to encounter while utilizing the tool.
- The warranty claim procedure is not as complex and challenging as those provided by other brands. Then again, the warranty that comes with the Makita BHP452HW 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Compact Cordless Percussion-Driver Drill gives users the much needed peace of mind that their investments are safeguarded.
- The compact design and built ensures easy storage and handling in contrast to other tools that are bulky, thus inducing exhaustion.
- The LED lighting makes it easy to use the tool even in poorly lit locations such as basement and attic.
- The 2-speed control setting makes managing to tool easy, especially when working on different projects.
- The ergonomic design guarantees users added comfort while using the tool. The tool only weighs 3.6 pounds and as such does not make you feel as if you are handling an additional weight besides the work you are handling.
- The 4-pole motor enables the drill to produce up to 450 pounds of maximum torque, thereby making the tool suitable for use on a wide range of applications.
- Whereas the recharge is rapid (i.e. 15 minutes) thus guaranteeing minimal downtime, the fun is a little bit noisy. Nonetheless, this is a minor issue since the noise cannot be compared to the ones generated during drilling processes.
If you make your purchase online today from Amazon.com, you stand to benefit from the 46% discount which translates to $183.34 in savings while making you purchase.