The Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw is among the best tools that Makita manufactured. Makita is known as one of the most excellent manufacturer of industrial quality power tools in the whole world and they have in fact, manufactured a wide range of industrial tools and accessories already. This hypoid saw is just one of their fabulous creations.
This Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw looks stunning and truly high end. It weighs 13 pounds and has a length of 17-3/4 inches, 11.75 inches wide and 12.50 inches in height. At 90 degrees, its maximum cutting capacity is 2-3/8″ and at 45 degrees, its cutting capacity is 1-3/4″. Its blade diameter is 7-1/4″. This Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw is equipped with components that are made of durable magnesium and it is also designed to look good, to feel good and to perform better.
Purchasing this tool comes with this Makita saw; 24T carbide tipped framing blade and wrench. Just as it is expected with Makita to provide warranty for their tools, this saw also comes with a one year warranty and a money-back guarantee, should any trouble develop while using this tool within that one year period. This saw is good for a variety of applications such as framing walls, ripping panels, plunge and bevel cutting, masonry and metal cutting and other tasks or projects that involve dimensional lumber and dense engineered lumber. This tool is another proof that Makita always makes tools with best-in-class engineering.
The Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw is a fully-featured tool because of the following features:
- A Makita-built 15 AMP industrial motor of 4,500 RPM for a really powerful cut
- The precision-machined hypoid gears for more surface contact, more power transferred and the provision of increased power and durability
- A large cutting capacity with positive stops for efficiency as well as includes a maximum bevel capacity of 51.5°
- Magnesium components that are made to contribute to its reduced weight while maintaining its toughness and durability even when used on rough projects
- An ergonomic design feature that provides users with ease-of-use, comfortable hand grips, control and reduced fatigue
- Additional details that contribute to handling convenience such as a greater clearance between the rear handle as well as the blade case and a wider space between the blade and housing.
- A Makita 7-1/4-Inch Premium Ultra-Coated Framing Blade which is responsible for accurate cuts as well as for heat reduction and build up of pitch for faster and smoother cutting
- An “M” shaped tooth design with two-pointed tip and two 10° bevel faces that makes this saw cut fast, cleaner and longer lasting.
- The large rubberized levers that make work more efficient because of the quick, one-handed adjustments provided.
- The carbide tips that allow the saw to withstand rough conditions and stay well-maintained despite the wear and tear
- An attached blade wrench which is responsible for faster changing of blades
The Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw is an ideal tool to consider if you are looking for a Makita saw. This saw is so sweet to use, so powerful and lightweight. Being a hypoid saw is an advantage for this tool because this means you never have to change the oil like you have to on worm drive saws, since hypoid drives run cooler than worm drives and they allow Makita to seal the gear box. This makes it a totally high end saw and a must-have saw compared to worm drives as well as a saw that allows you to save money on oil changes.
When it comes to performance, this saw is also ideal because it makes accurate cuts, allowing you to prevent costly mistakes. It also ploughs right through wood and doesn’t jump around when it starts up. And since it has a lower blade guard, it won’t hang up while cutting shims and bevels. It also performs well because of the plates that are precise enough and glides over the cut smoothly. Its excellent performance is also owing to its gearbox that slows blade rotation to about 4400 rpm from the typical 5800 rpm, and according to Makita, this is not only meant to increase torque but also to increase cutting power.
Also, Makita has always been known for their high performance blades and this saw has that too. It includes a nice blade. And with this nice blade combined with other performance features, this Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw simply works great. You can be assured that your cuts would come out excellent.
Now, when it comes to convenience, this Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw is also master in convenience because it has an angle stop that’s easy to set so you won’t have a difficult time as well as it also has excellent ergonomic design. These excellent ergonomics make it convenient to use this saw. It even has adjustments that have big, ergonomic handles you can yank up and down without difficulty. You can even adjust the cutting angle easily between 90 and 51.5 degrees with just a simple turn of the knob. So whether you want to set it high or low, doing so won’t be such a hassle for you.
As part of the convenience that this saw can offer, it also comes with a thick non-slip rubber exterior for control levers so that your hands would be free from strain and fatigue while working using this saw.
When it comes to quality and durability, the base of this saw is much more solid than other hypoid saws out there, proving that this saw won’t easily give up on you despite the wear and tear indeed.
To sum up all, this saw is indeed created for comfort, convenience and great performance because of its perfect cuts and ergonomic handles.
The only con about this saw is that even if it is said to be lightweight, it is actually heavy. It may be the most lightweight among hypoid saws but compared to other saws, this is still heavier and could also strain your hands. Strain and fatigue is just reduced because of the ergonomics.
Overall, the Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw is an awesome saw as well as a smooth performing and quality tool.
Read following best circular saw reviews and select your best circular on the market!
- No.1 : Festool TS 55 EQ Plunge Cut Circular Saw Review
- No.2: DEWALT DW368 Heavy Duty Lightweight Circular Saw Review
- No.3: Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw Review
- No.4: Makita Bare-Tool BSS610Z Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw Review
- NO.5: Bosch CS5 Circular Saw Review