A circular saw is a very handy tool in timber related work. It can cut timber straight on at an angle. It has a sharp cutting blade which cuts smoothly. There are various kinds of circular saws in the market. Among the circular saw users, the Makita 5007MGA circular saw is the most popular one. It is an electric saw and it is one of the best in its category.
Makita 5007MGA circular saw is a product of Makita Corporation, a Japanese company founded in 1915. Makita Corporation operates in six countries worldwide. This company has the reputation of making the best quality thing. They make their products with higher quality and efficiency. Makita 5007MGA circular saw is a bright example of that.
Makita 5007MGA circular saw has some outstanding features and engineering-
- It has magnesium made base plate and blade guards.
- It has a 15.0 Ampere motor that gives enough power to rotate its blade at a speed of 5800 RPM.
- It has different quick adjustment switches and rubber grips that give perfect operation and firm hold.
- It has a cutting blade of 7-1/2” in diameter.
- The cutting blade has carbide cutting tips on it for smoother and sharper cutting.
- It has a large cutting capacity of 2-1/2” at 90° angle.
- It has a bevel cutting capacity from 0° to 56° and two positive or built in stops at 22.5° and 45° angle.
- The base plate has a scale that shows the cutting angle.
- It has two built in LED lights which indicate the line of cut and this way it increases the accuracy of cutting.
- It has a built in dust blower that continuously clears the cutting line for more accuracy and visibility.
- The electric brake in it gives it more safety and maximum productivity.
- It has a reinforced power cord for tough jobsites. It can withstand jobsite abuse.
- It has a blade wrench attached to it for changing the blade quickly without wasting any time.
- It has a total weight of 10.6 lbs.
The Makita 5007MGA circular saw is an amazing tool to use in carpentry. For more accuracy and user friendliness, people love to use this thing. Most of the circular saws found in the market have a base plate made up of aluminum. Compare to aluminum, magnesium is more rigid but light weight. Makita 5007MGA circular saw has a base plate made up of magnesium. Its blade guards are also made up of magnesium. These magnesium base plate and blade guards make it more strong and safe but light weighted. Its total weight is only 10.6 pounds.
The motor it uses for its saw rotation is a 15.0 Ampere induction motor which gives it a revolution of 5800 per minute. This higher number of revolution ensures the smoothest cut. The rubber grip in its handle gives a firm grip and helps the carpenter to keep it stable.
It has a cutting blade with a diameter of 7-1/2” with a cutting capacity of 2-1/2” in 90° angle. It has better deep cutting capacity for a circular saw. It also has a circular cutting capacity from 0° to 56° angle. With the help of the adjustment switches, a person can easily adjust the cutting angle. The saw itself has two built in stop position at 22.5° and 45° angle. A scale in front of the base shows the cutting angle. The carbide cutting tips, placed on the blade, cuts very smoothly.
The two magnificent things about the Makita 5007MGA are the dust blower and the LED light cutting marker. During the cutting, the dust blower keeps the cutting line clear of debris and gives a plain view to it. Two LED lights give a cutting line mark to cut accurately. These lights also help to cut in the dark. Most of the circular saw does not have these benefits in them.
The Makita 5007MGA has an electric brake in it. This electric brake maximizes its productivity.
The disadvantage of Makita 5007MGA circular saw is that this saw uses high ampere induction motor which means it consumes more power when dealt with any harder cutting surface to increase its cutting efficiency.