With the rise of ‘smart’ phones and TVs nowadays, it’s not surprising that appliances for cooking are getting smarter as well. One of which is the LG LCRT2010ST 2.0 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven. The LG LCRT2010ST has a pool of feature that makes it popular and unique among other counter top microwave oven.
LG LCRT2010ST 2.0 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven Features
- Sensor Cooking
- EasyClean™ Interior
- Child Lockout
- Round Cavity
Technology has been the key to an ocean of benefits in terms of convenience and performance of every appliance to buy. Undoubtedly, with the innovative features of the LG LCRT2010ST 2.0 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven, it will give the consumer a convenient way of how cooking is done.
Forget about vague microwave directions, simply enter the food item code found on the label of your favorite food and the microwave oven does the rest. That is what LG calls TrueCookPlus™. It basically does the thinking for you. It is a patented technology that does all the calculations for you, ensuring the food cooks perfectly every time.
In addition, it can accommodate large and round cookware. Thanks to its curved interior design which maximizes the size of the 16” turntable, increasing the usable cooking area.
Another cool feature about this oven is the EasyClean™ Interior. It has a round cavity that helps you easily clean the interior without using chemicals and there are no hard to reach edges.
Also, there is Sensor Cooking technology which in essence should sense the humidity levels within the oven and should automatically adjust the cooking time and optimal heating performance. There is Add Time controls as well which makes reheats easy by adding cook time in 30 second or 1 minute increments.
On top of these, its outside metallic finish will definitely complement some people who prefer elegance in terms of design. Some might be concerned that its grayish tone instead of white would make it hard to see in the dark. Who uses a microwave in the dark anyway?
One more addition to its roster is the Child Lockout. Just like what we can find on smartphones and tablets, it basically locks the control panel so that children cannot use the microwave unsupervised. You can also use this feature when cleaning the exterior to avoid accidental push of the buttons.
This microwave oven looks great on paper, but let us take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of it
Advantages of Using LG LCRT2010ST 2.0 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven
- You will appreciate the curve cavity. One of the problem that consumer has is the tendency to wipe the corners with a damp rag and then close the door, causing both corners to rust over time.
- It has a larger turntable and greater capacity. This simply means simultaneous reheating of several dishes.
- Add Time Controls. By allowing you to add cook time in 30 second or 1 minute increments, this means that you have the flexibility to get the exact ‘cook finish’ that you prefer.
- The auto-defrost and melt features work without cooking the item.
- You can be a cook even if you haven’t really cooked before. With its TrueCookPlus™, just enter a code and it will basically cook it for you. You just have to wait and eat. This is good especially if you are always on the go and really don’t have time but take processed prepared foods.
Disadvantage of Using LG LCRT2010ST 2.0 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven
- Processed foods with the TrueCook package are not available everywhere, thus making the TrueCookPlus™ worthless. This feature only works given that you supply the code indicated on the packaging of the food itself.
- The stainless steel exterior might not be your first choice as it is prone to fingerprints.
In conclusion, the TrueCook feature may be a gimmick but overall, this counter top microwave oven makes the work done for you. It has a stainless steel built that adds a premium look to it plus the curved cavity complimenting the 16” huge turntable. This unit from LG, therefore, should pass that taste of most consumers who are looking for easy-to-clean and with greater capacity microwave oven.