This counter top microwave oven from LG is a cousin of LG LCRT2010ST 2.0 Cu Ft oven. They almost have the same roster of feature on paper. But are they really the same? We will find that out shortly.
LG LCRT1510SV 1.5 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven Features
- Sensor Cooking
- EasyClean™ Interior
- Child Lockout
- Round Cavity
- One Touch
- Custom Defrost
- Add Time Controls
As we all know, technology makes our daily living easier. It offers the convenience and performance that we will not doubt to buy. Surely, what this LG LCRT1510SV 1.5 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven live up the hype.
Just like its cousin that we have mentioned, this oven has a patented technology that acts like an artificial intelligence. LG calls it TrueCookPlus™. By simply entering the food item code found on the label of your favorite food, the microwave itself will do the rest for you. It basically does all the calculations for you, ensuring the food cooks perfectly every time.
It also has the EasyClean™ Interior feature. It means that it has a round cavity that helps you easily clean the interior without using chemicals and there are no hard to reach edges.
Also, there is Sensor Cooking technology which in essence should sense the humidity levels within the oven and should automatically adjust the cooking time and optimal heating performance. There is Add Time controls as well which makes reheats easy by adding cook time in 30 second or 1 minute increments.
One more addition to its roster is the Child Lockout. Just like what we can find on smartphones and tablets, it basically locks the control panel so that children cannot use the microwave unsupervised. You can also use this feature when cleaning the exterior to avoid accidental push of the buttons.
Also, it has a one touch feature that aims to help you get things done with a single touch of a button. It helps cook food automatically from a cup of coffee to chicken nuggets. Push one of the quick touch settings and let the microwave oven cook your selection.
Let us now look at the advantages and disadvantages of this product.
Advantages of using LG LCRT1510SV 1.5 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven
- You can be a cook even if you haven’t really cooked before. With its TrueCookPlus™, just enter a code and it will basically cook it for you. You just have to wait and eat. This is good especially if you are always on the go and really don’t have time but take processed prepared foods.
- Add Time Controls. By allowing you to add cook time in 30 second or 1 minute increments, this means that you have the flexibility to get the exact ‘cook finish’ that you prefer.
- You will appreciate the curve cavity. One of the problem that consumer has is the tendency to wipe the corners with a damp rag and then close the door, causing both corners to rust over time.
- It has a larger turntable and greater capacity inside. This simply means simultaneous reheating of several dishes.
Disadvantages of using LG LCRT1510SV 1.5 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven
- Its turntable maybe is large, but not as large as its cousin, the LG LCRT2010ST 2.0 Cu Ft oven. It means that you cannot put as much food as you can do with the other model of oven.
- Processed foods with the TrueCook package are not available everywhere, thus making the TrueCookPlus™ worthless. This feature only works given that you supply the code indicated on the packaging of the food itself.
- Its exterior is not stainless steel thus expect rusting over time.
To wrap it up, the TrueCook feature may be a gimmick but overall, this counter top microwave oven makes the work done for you. It may not have a stainless steel finish but it sure it doesn’t look cheap. In fact it has a premium kind of finish. 1.5 Cu Ft versus the 2.0 Cu Ft may be a deal breaker for some, but if size doesn’t matter at all for you and you just want an oven that just simply works, then this one from LG is the right oven for you.