Advancement in technology paves a way for more convenience. In the world today, everything seems to be automatic. These things are there to keep up with the ever changing world and the demands of this fast paced society. As the need grows, this equipment tends to maximize time that is more advantageous.
One of the great advancements in cooking equipment is the invention of gas grill. This seems to offer more of a convenience as it does work faster than the traditional grills. It does not take much of your time in waiting for the grill to be fully operational. However, the preparation of the grill may seem to be so complex since, unlike the traditional grill, this one has different parts to assemble. Since this is more complex to prepare, it is a must to take specific ways to start up. For safety concerns, here are the following steps that you can make use of.
- It is certain to prepare necessary materials that you can use while grilling. Gather all necessary things before starting up so that you can save time and effort as well. Some of the things you may use are the following: propane tank, lava rocks and grill.
- Once all the materials are ready, it is time to consider the place where you will put the grill. Make sure that it is at least 10 feet away from any dwelling place to avoid catching fire. Ascertain that the surface is also leveled. A perfect cook comes from a well-balanced heat system that you can achieve by leveling the surface first.
- After which, you may attach the propane tank. This is a highly flammable one which may turn your cooking area burning if not taken with care. First, check the tubes that connect the tank to the grill. Make sure that there are no leaks. One way to know is to soak it with water. If bubbles form, this means that there are leaks. Have it replaced right away. Before proceeding to the next step, you have to make sure that the tank is closed first.
- Now, you can work on the grill. Place lava rocks evenly on the surface of the grill. This makes the heat distributed equally on all sides to make sure that the food you are about to grill gets the right temperature in every angle. Put the grill atop. Make sure that the grill equally fits the confines of the equipment to avoid spillage.
- Open the propane tank. Light the grill and open the lid. Make sure to put it to blast first. Put the knob to the maximum before turning it to a low. This would encourage a boost on the warming up process.
- There are times when it does not start a fire. The best thing to do is to turn off the grill and the tank. Take several minutes before turning it on. Make sure that the lines are clear and that the attachment between the grill and the tank are nicely done.
- After use, turn the temperature control knob to a maximum to make sure those drippings in the lava rocks is cleaned and ready for the next use. Oily drippings will just be burnt out by the fire that it will leave no traces after you are done with the process.
- Turn off the propane tank and the knob on the grill.
- Once the grill has totally cooled down, you can disassemble the pieces like the propane tank and the tubes for safe keeping. Make sure that the tank is away from possible fire because this as what you have known is flammable. You can store it on a separate locker outside the house where there is no possible occurrence of fire. Make sure also that the tank is tightly closed.
- Lava rocks are still usable. This differ it from charcoal. Gather whole pieces after it has been completely cooled down.