The Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer is probably the smoothest performing elliptical trainer. It has reliable performance because it is probably the only trainer that features a SIXstar Certified platform. This feature includes all the features that contribute to an elliptical trainer’s performance. It is also an elliptical trainer that’s not only designed well but complete with features that are needed in a fun, convenient and effective workout such as the speakers, etc. This is why a lot of people who want to work out prefer this product and has earned a lot of positive reviews already. This elliptical trainer from Horizon is excellent since you can be sure that all the features it is incorporated with are functional as well as the quality is reliable and impressive.
Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer Features
- New SIXstar Certified platform: ZEROgap, StraightUP, Low, 10-inch step-on height, 18-inch FLATellipse foot path, large drive pulley ratio, Optimal handlebar spacing
- 17.6 pound flywheel
- 1-16 electronic resistance range
- Oversized footpad with traction edges
- Contact grips
- COOLfit fitness fan
- 300-lb. user capacity
- Magnetic brake resistance
- 11 program options with on-the-fly changes plus Advanced Goal Center
- sonic Surround speakers with MP3 input and headphone output
- Warranties: lifetime frame & brake, 1-year parts and labor
- console Feedback: 2 red LED windows and an 8-digit alphanumeric LED window
- Dimensions Assembled: 73 by 22 by 65 inches
- Advanced Goal Center with a 1 to 31 day goal tracking option
- long stride and pivoting foot plates
- front-drive design
The New SIXstar Certified platform feature
The Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer features all the key elements that should be found in an elliptical trainer. These key elements are the ZEROgap for providing ideal pedal placement; the StraightUP body posture for keeping the body upright; the Low, 10-inch step-on height so it is easier to step on and off from it; the Optimal handlebar spacing for putting grips at an ideal reach; 18-inch FLAT ellipse foot path for a more natural foot path; and the large drive pulley ratio for increased angular momentum.
The Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer features a surround speaker with MP3 input. This feature allows users to listen to high quality music and sounds while working out. This feature is a good feature because it makes working out less stressful and more fun.
Advanced Goal Center Feature
The advanced goal center feature that this equipment has is a total pro as it allows users to set their time, distance, or calorie-burning goals. In other words, it tracks their progress so that you would be more motivated to accomplish your goal to the end. You can set this feature by monthly, weekly, or daily.
Drive and Stride Feature
The Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer features a heavy-duty flywheel and magnetic brake resistance; a feature that’s responsible for the trainer’s smooth and quiet operation. It also features long stride and pivoting foot plates for a more comfortable stride and less recovery time, plus a front-drive design and low step-on height for more comfort.
This product also features convenient features such as 2 red LED windows and an 8-digit alphanumeric window display heart rate so that monitoring your progress as well as heart rate would be very easy. It also features a COOLfit fitness fan to keep users cool during workout. The rear access and low pedal height is also a convenience feature because it provides easy entry and exit to the machine.
The Pros and Cons of the Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer
The Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer pros and cons are as follows:
- It has impressive, smooth and quiet operation.
- It offers three basic workouts which are pre-programmed but allow you to set the amount of time you use them.
- It has pretty good speakers to listen to music with an option to connect headphones.
- Your ipod plugs right in and the speakers are pretty good for their size. The speakers also sounded fine, no distortion and easily loud enough to hear during your workout.
- It s VERY EASY to set a new incline because this model has a manual incline adjustment. It is a quality piece of exercise equipment that is worth its price tag.
- The assembly is pretty easy and it would only take you 2 hours with little help.
- The parts were well organized since the parts for each stage is marked and kept separately.
- It is a very sturdy machine.
- It is a well designed and thought out system with some very nice features.
- The assembly instructions are easy to understand with clear steps to follow.
- There are tools provide for assembly.
- The stride is exceptionally comfortable, and you can increase or decrease the incline and difficulty of your workout.
- It’s heavy and solid, and doesn’t budge while you’re using it.
- The built in fan is a nice feature included.
- It is very heavy equipment; you’ll have to carry it piece by piece if you are placing it upstairs.
- The vent is not adjustable to direct the air where you want it which makes the fan inconvenient for people who are not 5″3″ in height.
- The tools provided aren’t the best quality so you can render them useless and use your own tools instead.
- The foot glide path is a lower profile and feels a little differently than the gym machines you are used to. It takes a little getting used to for a few minutes.
- It is not a multi-thousand dollar, rock solid feeling machine. It’s not the same quality as the machines on the gym.
- The position of the water bottle holder is inconvenient. You can’t keep exercising and reach for the bottle, so you’ll need to stop if you want a drink.
Overall, the Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer is the right elliptical trainer you need if you are looking for a quality but NOT super expensive elliptical trainer. You will not only effectively lose pounds and exercise your heart but you can also save yourself a lot of bucks.