The Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer is another model of the Horizon elliptical trainers that is known for having SIXstar Certification. This is sixstar certified because Horizon models are known for their quality, performance, convenience and fun features. This makes this product a highly considered elliptical trainer. Since it is a Horizon product, you can never go wrong because all the benefits you can get from a Horizon quality product can be acquired at just the right price. You can be sure that you will be spending money for something that’s good value.
Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer Features
- StraightUP body posture
- Low, 10-inch step-on height
- Optimal handlebar spacing
- 18-inch FLATellipse foot path
- large drive pulley ratio
- 10 Program Options
- Sonic Surround Speakers
- an MP3 input
- a headphone output
- front-drive design
- heavy-duty flywheel
- magnetic brake resistance
- long stride and pivoting foot plates
- 3 orange LED windows display heart rate
- COOLfit fitness fan
- Warranties: lifetime frame, 20-year brake, 1-year parts and labor
- 275-lb. user capacity
- Dimensions Assembled: 73 by 22 by 65 inches
The Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer features 10 Program Options: 3 targets plus 3 workouts, including hills, weight loss and reverse train, and 1 additional custom workout so the best workout that suits you is always guaranteed. The large drive pulley ratio feature also contributes to getting the smoothest and most efficient motion when using this product. It also features a drive system for dependable performance. It has heavy-duty flywheel and magnetic brake resistance and these are the features that give this product its quiet start and consistent stops.
The Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer features a ZEROgap and this feature allows the equipment to eliminate stress on the back as well as on the hips. The StraightUP body posture feature also provides maximum comfort, minimal fatigue, and faster results. Its optimal handlebar spacing provides comfortable grips. This product also features an 18-inch FLATellipse foot path as well as a frame design that contributes to a more natural foot path, so fatigue is minimized. More comfort is also provided by its long stride and pivoting foot plates as well as the built-in fan ensures comfort while working out with this trainer.
The most important convenience feature in the Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer is the low step-on height feature. This is because it allows all variety of users to get on and off this equipment. It is also convenient to monitor your heart rate as well as track your progress because this product features 3 orange LED windows.
The EX-59 Elliptical Trainer provides not only effective workout but fun workout because it features Sonic Surround Speakers as well as a headphone and mp3 input.
The Pros and Cons of the Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer
The Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer is also used by a wide variety of users which is why a lot of customer reviews can be read regarding this product. Here is a summary of this product’s pros and cons according to those who have tried using it already.
- It is worth buying because the quality is very good.
- It’s easy to put together because it has instructions that cut down on confusion as well as it comes with the tools you need to put it together so you don’t even need to bring any tools. You can assemble this product by yourself.
- The parts come in organized because the hardware is separated into what you need for each step, so there’s no digging around looking for the right part.
- Listening to music on its speakers or plugging your headphones into the elliptical is possible because it has an audio input jack and comes with a cord for it.
- There’s a water bottle holder and it has two smaller side holders where you can set other things like a cell phone, etc.
- It measures the distance in miles and starts at 0.00 goes up by .01 miles at a time.
- It has 2 options for changing the resistance level such as the + and – buttons and the numbers 1-10 on the sides.
- It has a really smooth motion; you don’t feel like you’re bouncing that much when you run on it.
- It’s not wobbly and feels really stable and sturdy.
- The foot pad is pretty big so you have room to find which spot is most comfortable.
- It makes almost no noise at all.
- The console worked great, and the 3 speed fan is a nice addition.
- It is space-efficient. It does not take up much space compared to other elliptical trainers.
- It has a decent stride for someone with a height of 5’5″.
- The user interface is basic, but user friendly.
- It may not be a gym quality machine; but it is close.
- It has a power cord; it doesn’t take batteries like some do.
- Itbeeps pretty loudly when you start using it. It also beeps when it’s shutting off which is annoying.
- It is VERY heavy if you’re not used to lifting things, and the weight is not evenly distributed. You would require extra help to successfully out this equipment to your referred spot.
- Assembly may be easy but it is time consuming as it is tricky, making it impossible to assemble this product alone.
- The console is VERY primitive and contains less programming options.
- It has no On/Off switch so you have to plug this in each time you want to use it and unplug when done.
- It can be hard to maintain is it needs lithium grease every month to keep it from squeaking too much.
- It has satiability issues. Because it has a slim profile, it can get to wobbling if you’re really rocking the speed.
Overall, the Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer is definitely a worth buying piece of fitness equipment. It performs well so you can be sure that you would be getting the perfectly fit body and excellent cardiovascular health if you purchase this equipment.