The Hitachi C12RSH Sliding Compound Miter Saw was designed to make precision cuts using patented laser technology and Hitachi’s innovative compact slide setup.
Hitachi C12RSH Sliding Compound Miter Saw Features:
- Innovative compact slide setup
- Patented laser technology
- 15 amp motor has maximum output of 1,850 Watts
- Micro bevel and micro miter controls for precison
- Large pivoting fence for verticle crown molding cuts
- Miter cutting range of 0-57 degrees right, 0-46 degrees left
- Bevel cutting range of 0-45 degrees left and right
- Bevel and miter scale have positive stops
- Carbon brush access
- Elastomer coated, vertical handle
- Hitatchi UU610 Universal Work Station compatible
- Fixed spinter guard
- Dust bag
- 12″ TCT saw blade
- Box wrench
- Vice assembly
- 5 year warranty
The Hitachi C12RSH Sliding Compound Miter Saw is equipped with patented laser technology and micro adjusting miter and bevel controls, in order to deliver precision beveling and mitering in a range of materials and projects. Wood, crown molding, plywood, hard board, soft fiberboard, decorative panels and aluminum. This top notch tool was designed for woodwork, picture frames, and decorative trim. This Hitatchi miter saw was made with producing accurate cutting results in mind.
Compound Feature Provides Precision Cutting
The Hitachi C12RSH was built for easy use, yet is capable of yielding accurately cut miters and bevels. The miter range on the left is 0-46 degrees, and on the right, 0-57 degrees. The micro adjusting dial allows for precision mitering, and the positive stops make changing the angle of the cutting blade a breeze. The bevel range is 0-45 degrees on the left and right. This allows the material to remain stationary, while the blade can be adjusted from side to side. The micro adjusting bevel dial allows for precision cutting after the first major bevel angel has been set. The positive stops make easy work of measurement and settings. The included saw blade easily tackles a variety of materials. The pivoting fence makes vertical cutting as accurate and easy as horizontal.
Compact Slide System
The innovation of the compact slide system on the Hitachi C12RSH Sliding Compound Miter Saw means there is no need to watch for rear clearance. The patented fixed rail setup lets the saw head skate along two stationary rails, which do not stick out of the saw’s back end. As a result, this tool can be used up against a wall or in a tight work space.
Patented Laser Technology
The laser marker on this tool can be used before the blade is moving, which allows for dead on positioning and beforehand knowledge of blade location on the material.
Features For Safety and Ease of Use
The 15 amp motor on the Hitachi C12RSH generates a speed of up to 3,800 RPM, which lets it cut through the sturdiest wood like butter. The stationary splinter guard and elastomer coated handle make cutting safe. The dust bag helps keep work areas clean and the easy carbon brush access provides long term saw performance.
What do customers who have used the Hitachi C12RSH Sliding Compound Miter Saw have to say about this power tool offering from Hitachi?
- Measurements are easy to read.
- The micro adjustments really provide accurate results.
- The set up keeps sawdust from flying into the blade.
- “The sub fence not only flips in or out, it can also be flipped up to create a 10″ high fence!” “The adjustable flip over fence is fantastic (both sides).”
- It miters perfectly right out of the box. It perfectly cuts trim on the job day in and day out. It is easy to set up, align laser, and then cut. No assembly required when it is removed from the box.
- Purchased to replace a miter saw of a different brand and loved this one more.
- Such a pleasure to use that any excuse will do.
- The Hitachi C12RSH is worth every penny. Good quality for the price. Meets up to Hitachi’s reputation.
- This slider really does work in a small workspace. It takes up less rear space than even a 10″ non-slider by another company. It works on a 24″ deep work bench. The way that this saw moves really does allow it to be used in a small work area.
- The vertical handle makes this saw easy to operate with either hand.
- It really does deliver vibration free cutting.
- It outperforms miter saws that are more expensive.
- The 5 year warranty is better than the one on a more expensive brand of miter saw.
- The stock blade is able to take paper thin slices off materials.
- The laser really does provide accurate blade placement. It almost feels like cheating when using the laser.
- This saw has to be screwed down.
- It is not portable, so it must be put on a rolling stand or someone needs to help carry it.
- A standard vacuum hose cannot be connected to it without rigging it up somehow.
- The human eye can be more accurate than the laser.
- The vertical handle takes some getting used to.
- Not fond of the plastic look on the saw.
- Have to shop around for the best price, and online is not it.
Overall, the Hitachi C12RSH Sliding Compound Miter Saw is THE saw for multipurpose mitering and beveling. It holds up to everyday use and it does have sawdust buildup prevention. It does not seem to be designed to be used with a vacuum, but the majority of the sawdust dose go into the dust bag. Even though the stock blade is able to cut most any material, some people do prefer to switch blade types for various projects. While this saw is considered a little pricey, it seems to perform better than more expensive saws. The miter saw has patented Hitachi technology which really does make it more versitile and easy to use than many other miter saws on the market. The 5 year warranty is also a bonus that most power tool companies do not give.