The Hitachi C10FSB Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw is a powerful and good-looking miter saw mostly preferred by home builders as well as carpenters nowadays. It has a very unique and eye-catching design unlike other miter saw brands out there. It is lightweight than other saws like it because it only weighs 43-pounds. It is also compact in size as its overall dimension is only 20-3/4 by 41-1/2 by 24-1/4-inches. Aside from the excellent appearance, it is also packed with features that make it powerful and a great tool to consider. It is manufactured by Hitachi which makes it a reputable tool as well since Hitachi is known to provide professional grade tools for woodworking, metalwork, concrete, and other applications. The box includes one Hitachi C10FSB Sliding Dual Compound Miter Saw, a 10-inch TCT saw blade, a box wrench, and a dust bag as well this saw is backed by a five-year warranty.
The Hitachi C10FSB Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw features:
- A 12-amp motor. This feature makes the saw a powerful saw because it generates a no-load speed of up to 3,800 RPM, so cuts are made easily and quickly.
- An electronic speed control. This feature ensures that speed is maintained while making cuts.
- A linear ball-bearing slide system. This feature provides convenience because it allows you to cut large work pieces.
- A Poly-V-Belt transmission. This is known as its soft-start function that allows you to operate this saw smoothly and quietly as well as this is a feature that lessens the chances of recoils during startup.
- The thumb-actuated positive miter stops. This feature allows you to adjust the miter to different angles like 15.0, 45.0 degrees right or left, etc.
- A white-on-black miter scale. This feature is also a convenience feature because it allows you to adjust the miter blades easily.
- The 10-inch TCT saw blade. This feature is excellent at providing this saw the best performance when working trim and other woodwork.
- A splinter guard. This is a safety feature and a feature that reduces tear-out so that cuts are always clean and tighter.
- A dust collector. This is a feature that ensures working area is clean as it collects all the dust accumulated.
- A built-in clamping system. This is a useful feature because it is responsible for holding your workpiece in place to prevent mistakes and accidents.
- An electric brake feature. This feature is responsible for immediately halting the blade so that unintended cuts are prevented.
The Hitachi C10FSB Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw is a great tool for homebuilders and carpenters indeed. Almost all customers who have tried using this tool find this tool easy to love and the best in the market. The main reason for this is because of this saw’s very functional features such as its blade. The free blade is one of the best out there for cabinet or trim work. The blade is not only great but its overall fit and finish is excellent as well. The blade contributes a lot to making this saw the smoothest running and cutting saw ever. The slide is smooth and the cuts are good that they cannot be compared to the cuts made by other saws out there. It will cut 2×4’s on edge so cutting studs length is very fast that it could save you time and effort when working on any project. The slide is smooth and pulls easy so you can make a 12 3/8 cut with no problems. Aside from being smooth running, the cuts always come out tight and cleaner, so you are always ensured of an excellent result afterward.
Aside from the blade that allows you to make excellent cuts with this saw, another excellent feature users love is its great miter scale that’s never existed in other miter saws before because with this saw, the miter action is smoother. Another feature to love is the saw table. The saw table is nicely cast and is substantial, reducing the risk of accidents and errors. The blade guard is also a convenient feature when it comes to making accurate cuts as it moves out of the way when making cuts so you can see better.
This saw is also the best when it comes to clean working because of its dust collection bag. Dust collection works great on this one, so woodworking is not a messy task after all. This saw also has a soft start technology which is one of the best features as well. The soft start is nice as the saw doesn’t jerk when you pull the trigger.
Aside from all those great features this saw includes, this saw is portable enough for job to job and does just about everything you want it to do.
Overall, when it comes to performance and quality, this saw makes accurate cuts and is made in professional grade construction. It is a quite, smooth and a precise machine like no other.
There is just one issue that users are concerned about and it is the handle grip. The handle grip is not the most comfortable and the safety button that needs to be depressed is quite difficult. The handle grip is not comfortable for those who do not have huge hands so that you’d feel awkward to depress the safety button and then grab the horizontal D-handle comfortably with the same hand to start the saw.
Still, comfort and convenience is not compromised because of other features like the fact that it has easier to read markings on both bevel and table angle settings making it not that hard to set up, the controls are easy to get used to and work well, it is compact and light compared to any other model on the market so it’s not too heavy to carry around, making this saw comfortable and convenient despite the issue about the grip handle.
All in all, a lot of customers who have purchased the Hitachi C10FSB Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw were still pleased with their purchase and were happy with its ease of use, precision capability, and flexibility of cuts.