Espresso Machine/Maker Reviews
1. Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine Review(Price: $579.99)
Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in this world. It is really difficult to find a person who does not like good coffee. Now with the Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine you can make restaurant quality coffee at home. Breville is one of the most renowned and trusted name when it comes to espresso and coffee machines.
2. Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine Review(Price: $399.00)
If you are looking for a commercial system and commercial quality coffee or espresso in your home then this is the perfect machine for you. Gaggia has been successfully been able to I incorporate the features of advanced technology in classic design in Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine.
3. Mr. Coffee ECMP50 Espresso/Cappuccino Maker Review(Price: $71.99)
The Mr.Coffee ECMP50 Espresso/Cappuccino Maker has a rather impressive and stylish build for its price. Even though its body has been made of plastic, high quality material is used. The build is sturdy and really well constructed that gives it the robust and tight look.
4. DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Maker Review(Price: $83.99)
The DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Maker is an authentic espresso and cappuccino maker through which you can create professional tasting coffee right at your home. Making your coffee preparation convenient, this machine will let you brew espresso with the great taste and also make other milk beverages like lattes and cappuccino.
5. Capresso 303.01 4-Cup Espresso and Cappuccino Machine Review(Price: $48.00)
Among the other coffee machines, the Capresso 303.01 4-Cup Espresso and Cappuccino Machine is the perfect 800-watt espresso and cappuccino machine through which you can get the cafeteria quality coffee at your home.
Espresso Machine Buying Guide
If you can’t get enough of drinking espresso but you don’t have the time and the money to pay the coffee shop a visit all the time for a cup of espresso, why don’t you just consider making your own espresso through an espresso machine? Yes, you can whip up your own espresso everyday if you have an espresso machine.
An espresso machine works just like a typical coffeemaker but it is more special because it is designed exclusively to create espresso. It has all the controls and features that would make this possible. This just proves that you are living in an advanced generation already where everything is possible including espresso-making at home.
You will find numerous espresso machines available in the market today and you can even buy them online, but the best espresso can only be whipped up using the best machine. And the best espresso machine to buy is one that meets your needs. Here are some things to consider that could help you decide what espresso machine to buy:
The types of espresso machine
There are three different types of espresso machines: the manual, the semi-automatic and the super automatic espresso machines. The manual machine is operated manually especially when it comes to pulling down the handle to create the espresso. The semi-automatic machine is also like the manual machine that has a portafilter handle used for filing the coffee. However, it is a bit different from the manual machine as you don’t need to use your arm to create pressure; you use a pump instead.
This machine is as simple as the manual machine but more convenient. On the other hand, the super automatic espresso machines are very popular nowadays because they are fully automatic machines and do not require arm power to create espresso. You can create espresso in a jiffy.
The features found in the espresso machine
There are several features you need to consider that should not be absent in an espresso machine and these are:
- The cup warmer. This is a very important feature if you want your espresso to always be warm. Cups are usually placed on the cup warmer so that even if you leave it for a while, when you come back; you can still avail of a warm cup of espresso.
- The water dispenser feature. This is also very important as this allows you to whip up a complete espresso right there and then. You don’t need to pour water from a different kettle.
- The water filter. This feature eliminates the chlorine and iron taste of the water you use for the espresso. This is also a health wise feature especially when you are not sure of the safety of the tap water you are using.
- The Bean grinder. When it comes to espresso machines, the bean grinder should not be absent. This feature is important if you are planning to make espresso from actual coffee beans. This feature allows you to taste the freshest espresso brew every day.
- The frothing features. This may be an added feature but it is a fun feature as this would allow you to whip up latte and cappuccino, aside from espresso alone. This feature makes the espresso machine a very versatile machine, in other words.
- Control features. When the espresso machine has control features, you are allowed to estimate and control as to how much water, how much ground beans, etc. to use. This feature allows you to whip up the best espresso even when you are only doing it at home. In other words, you can whip up an espresso like a pro with this espresso machine feature.
Function of the espresso machine
The espresso machine should be a functional machine. It should function well just as it claims it does. From the controls to the extra features, they should provide the functions that are expected of them.
The Looks of the espresso machine
Espresso machines come in many different styles and designs. They come in many different colors as well as on how they are crafted. You can choose a machine according to the style and theme of your kitchen or the color of your kitchen counter, etc.
The price of the espresso machine
Just as espresso machines differ in looks and functions as well as features, they also differ in price. Stick to your budget. The best espresso machine is not only the one that meets your needs in terms of features and looks but also in terms of budget.
When it comes to buying an espresso machine, it’s not impossible to find a lot of brands out there. But the brand doesn’t matter; your needs do. You should base your purchase according to the type of espresso machine you need and the features you are looking for and not on the brand alone.