Acoustic guitars like the Epiphone PR-150 Acoustic Guitar are popular nowadays especially for those who are aiming to earn how to play the guitar. It is not easy to learn how to play the guitar and aside from determination, one needs to choose the right guitar.
Epiphone PR-150 Acoustic Guitar Features
- Dreadnought style
- gig bag
- Spruce top
- pitch pipe
- Mahogany back, neck and sides
- Strap and picks
- rosewood bridge and synthetic bone saddle
- 25.5” scale
- Chrome hardware
- vintage style soundhole
- tortoise shell style pickguard with the ’60s era “E” logo
- 12″ radius
- 1.68″ nut
- premium die-cast 14:1 tuners
- classic ’60s era Sloped Dovewing headstock
The choice of acoustic guitars can affect greatly the ease of learning how to play the instrument especially for beginners. This is because not all acoustic guitars are beginner-friendly. The Epiphone PR-150 Acoustic Guitar is different though because it seems to be made for learners as it is packed with everything that learners need to learn.
Learners cannot learn right away by simply owning an acoustic guitar, which is why this Epiphone guitar comes with a CD-ROM instructional guide that could get learners started with ease. Learners will also find it difficult to strum the guitar without hurting their fingers and that is normal which is why this Epiphone guitar also comes with picks that could help beginners ease the strain that learning to play the guitar can offer. This guitar also includes straps and a gig bag so that more convenience can be offered to beginners while learning.
As long as beginners are offered these kinds of features in an acoustic guitar, learning how to play the guitar won’t be such a strenuous and impossible task for them already. A beginner-friendly guitar like the PR-150 can make beginners become pros in no time.
Advantages of Using the Epiphone PR-150 Acoustic Guitar
- This acoustic guitar comes with a solid construction and very well-put together.
- It is clearly made to last for ears and made to endure wear and tear. No matter how many times it is dropped or dinged, the quality of the sound as well as its appearance is just too hard to be destroyed that easily because of the high quality construction.
- It does not only look quality but it really feels quality compared to other acoustic guitars.
- It looks nice and eye-catching. It is not only perfect in performance and quality but also in design and looks.
- The finishing detail of this acoustic guitar is very unique and not something that one would expect from a guitar as affordable as this. It comes with back and sides that are very handsome with rich wood grain.
- The neck is straighter and comfortable to get a good grip even if it is thicker than most acoustic guitar models.
- The sounds that it produces are great and match the quality of the guitar. It creates magnificent music as the tone is good.
- Aside from being naturally an excellent source of quality sounds, it has the ability to stay in tune. Whether one changes the strings or not, the guitar is still capable of producing great sounds.
- It is easy to play with and learn because it comes with instructions in a CD. This allows the user to easily start using the guitar right away even if he or she is totally unfamiliar with it because of being a first-timer.
- It comes with extra helpful features such as the gig bag that allows the user to carry the guitar comfortably no matter where she goes; picks that help make strumming the guitar comfortable; etc.
Disadvantages of Using the Epiphone PR-150 Acoustic Guitar
- It has lesser bass sound.
- There is an annoying buzzing sound developed especially on the first fret on the D string.
- There is a little low action that makes the lower strings a little fuzzy.
- Most of the time, change is needed to the strings that come with the guitar as they are usually not the standard strings that most people and learners love.
Overall, the Epiphone PR-150 Acoustic Guitar may have its share of flaws but for beginners who could care less about flaws first as long as they can learn easily; this guitar is one of the best choices for learning and practicing.