The Dyson DC26 Vacuum Cleaner is a compact and lightweight vacuum cleaner from Dyson. In fact, it is probably the smallest and the most lightweight vacuum cleaner ever invented by Dyson that’s good for almost all floor types. It is mostly reviewed by a lot of reviewers because of its looks, its performance, its quality as well as its HEPA filter even for such a small tool. Since it is designed by Dyson, you can expect that even if it is small and lightweight, it can give you the sucking power you are looking for in a vacuum cleaner.
Dyson DC26 Vacuum Cleaner Features
- Concentrated Root Cyclone technology
- Turbine head with conductive carbon fiber brush bar
- Articulating hard floor tool
- a stair tool and combination brush/crevice tool
- Clear bin and hygienic emptying
- A Detachable handle
- A Miniaturized cable rewind
- HEPA filter
- A Centralized motor
- 5-year parts and labor warranty
- Dimension: 8.3 x 12.6 x 10.5 inches
- Weight: 12 pounds
Power and Performance
The Dyson DC26 features the root cyclone technology which is very typical in a Dyson vacuum; however, in this model the cyclone technology is more improved so this feature contributes to easy capture of particles with no suction loss. It also features a brush bar that could effectively reach hard-to-reach areas; an articulating hard floor tool for cleaning narrow gaps as well as detachable handle for cleaning tight spaces. These features prove that the DC26 is an overall efficient tool when it comes to cleaning.
The Dyson DC26 is also designed very elegantly. It features a compact and lightweight design of 12 pounds only. It also features a miniaturized cable rewind design so the 16 ft cable length is not compromised. The clear bin feature of this vacuum cleaner is also a well-thought out design because it allows the user to check how much dust and particles have been collected by the vacuum as well as to see whether the bin needs to be emptied already or not yet. Most of all, when it comes to design, the DC26 features a truly cool and elegant appearance, eye-catching and looks durable.
Ease of Use
The Dyson DC26 Vacuum Cleaner also comes with features that make this vacuum easy and comfortable to use. It features a detachable handle that lets you decide what tool to use according to your cleaning needs. It also comes with a very lightweight design so that carrying it around from one place to another is not a hassle. It also features a HEPA filter that traps all the small particles, from dust, dirt, hair, etc. for a more comfortable and healthier usage. This vacuum also features a centralized motor system for easy pulling and maneuvering.
The Pros and Cons of the Dyson DC26 Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson DC26 Vacuum Cleaner is being talked about by a lot of consumers because of the amazing looks and performance this vacuum cleaner is known to have. To give you a hint, here are the pros and cons of the DC26.
- It is very easy to store because it is compact. It is perfect even if you are living in a small place with no storage space because it fits a small closet and doesn’t take up much space.
- It works great and much quieter than all the other vacuum cleaners.
- It has tons of suction or it has an impressively powerful suction. In fact, the exhaust is so strong that it can slowly spin a ceiling fan around. This proves that it has all the power it needs to collect all types and sizes of dust particles into the bin.
- The “articulating hard floor” attachment has two pivot points on different axes, making it very easy to get in narrow spots and under furniture.
- The vacuum can reach under the bed and other narrow places.
- It is easy to clean because it is bagless. The dust bin is very easy to clean and empty as well.
- It is very light so you can lift it up very easily whether you are carrying it up the stairs or anywhere.
- It is not a hassle to setup so you can start vacuuming as soon as you take it out of the box or the storage.
- It picks up a lot of dust even with its small size, so it is very practical.
- You can detach the vacuum head and attach other accessories that are already provided. It saves you time and saves you money as well since there is no need to buy other tools you need.
- It is very effective for dust bunnies and fur balls, as well as dirt and gravel tracked in from outside because of its wide-nozzle bare floor attachment.
- The cleaner is efficient and produces a visibly better result which makes it satisfying to own and use.
- The vacuum is rather expensive for what you get. It may not be that worth your money and you may find other vacuums better than this but not as expensive.
- It does not clean deep carpets very well because the rotating brush on the standard head is not adjustable and does not extend very far below the bezel. Well, it eventually will clean the carpet, but the depth at which the brushes engage the carpet is too little to be effective.
- The cord isn’t the longest so it is kind of annoying especially if your home is a bit bigger.
- It doesn’t pick up bulky things.
- The brush is not motorized but instead is passively powered by a turbine-like mechanism that uses the airflow from the suction to generate torque, so it spins from the air flow and can stop rotating with pressure or on high pile carpets.
- The handle is not heavy by any means but seems very bulky so it compromises comfort.
- It’s not that easy to store because here is nowhere to stow the floor tool when putting the vacuum away.
Overall, the Dyson DC26 Vacuum Cleaner is a good choice if you want an easy to store vacuum cleaner as well as for those who are living in a small apartment. You’d get the performance you are looking for in a vacuum and store it wherever you want without it getting in your way.
Dyson Vacuum Cleaners Series
- 1. Dyson DC24 Multi-Floor Compact Upright Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 2. Dyson DC25 Upright Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 3. Dyson DC26 Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 4. Dyson DC28 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 5. Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 6. Dyson DC34 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 7. Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 8. Dyson DC35 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 9. Dyson DC39 Multi-Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 10. Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 11. Dyson DC40 Upright Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 12. Dyson DC41 Animal Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 13. Dyson DC44 Animal Digital Slim MK2 Vacuum Cleaner Review