DEWALT is a world famous company for making tools for the professional people who travels from one job place to another and have to carry their tools with them. That is why more of their tools are very efficient and highly portable. The DEWALT DW744XRS 10 inch Job site Table Saw is probably one of the most portable table saws DEWALT ever designed. It weighs only 58lbs. However, the saw comes with a very powerful 15 amp motor for delivering super quality cutting service. The saw has a max-rip capacity of 24 ½ inches which makes it very efficient to cut any kind of woods including pressure-treated lumber and hardwoods. This is the perfect equipment for highly skilled workers like farmers, carpenters, contractors and remodelers.
DEWALT DW744XRS Table Saw Features
- It has a site-pro modular guarding system for tool-free adjustment of the guarding components
- 24-1/2 inch rip capacity thanks to the telescoping fence
- Delivers a faster, smoother and more accurate fence adjustments with the help of rack and pinion fence rails
- It comes with a high-torque 15-amp powerful motor for cutting hardwoods and pressure treated lumbers
- The telescopic fence rails are retractable making the whole saw highly portable
- Weighs only 58lbs
- Very easy to access the site-pro guarding components because of the on-board storage
- Features a 15-amp high-torque motor with the power to cut pressure-treated lumber and hardwoods
- Less vibration
- Efficient dust collection system (2-inch)
- Gives you electronic feedback for maintaining the blade speed
Power and consistency
This DEWALT DW744XRS table saw comes with a very powerful 15-amp high torque motor. This makes it the perfect tool for cutting any kinds of timber and woods. The blade spins at 3,650 rpm for a quick and easy cut. You can cut woods with this tool faster than you can imagine. The saw also features electronic feedback that allows the user to maintain the consistency of the blade throughout the cut for a nice and accurate cut. To further ensure the users comfort, the saw comes with a heavy duty internal motor mechanism that minimizes the vibration and stabilizes the arbor.
Ease of use
This newer model allows tool free adjustments for variety of application specific guarding components as it comes with a versatile site-pro modular guarding system. The saw gives the user 24 1-2 inch rip capacity thanks to the fence configuration. The telescopic design of the fence rails will give you the ability to use it for ripping full sheets of materials up to 24 inches. Moreover, when you need to move the tool, you can simply retract them for easy transportation. The saw features a maximum cut depth of 3- 1/8 inches at 90 degree angle and 2-1/4 inches at 45 degree angle. All these features allow the user to set up this machine in no time for heavy duty work. Also, the 2 inch dust collection port allows you to connect it with a shop-vac for easy dust removal. So, you will have a nice, cleaner work area as well.
Portability is one of the main things we look for when purchasing something heavy. This is even more important if the users need to move from one job site to another. That is why highly skilled contractors and carpenters need something that can be moved from one job site to another very easily. The DEWALT DW744XRS 10-inch Job Site Table Saw with Rolling Stand is the perfect option for these people. As mentioned before, this table saw only weighs 58 lbs which makes it one of the most lightweight table saws for professionals. As a result, most professional workmen will prefer this as it can be moved from one workplace to another very easily. Moreover, for the user’s convenience, this saw features a rolling stand that can be used to transport the saw. The stand is made from heavy duty aluminum with folding legs and wheels. You can use this to keep the saw 30 inches above the floor for work and fold the legs when you need to carry it from one place to another.
Warranty and guarantee
This is an excellent table saw. However, what make it even better are the warranty period and the money back guarantee. This table saw comes with a 3 year limited warranty plus one year free service contract. Moreover, the DEWALT DW744XRS 10-inch Job Site Table Saw with Rolling Stand also features a 90 day money back guarantee. The service contract of this saw makes sure that you will not lose any money if anything bad happens. The money back guarantee is very reliable and fast. You will not be asked for any reasons for returning the product. So, you will never lose your money if you buy this table saw. Even if you are not fully satisfied with this product, you can have it replaced with another one.
The price of this amazing product is about $600. With all the qualities and features of the DEWALT DW744XRS 10-inch Job Site Table Saw with Rolling Stand, the price is very reasonable. The box includes the DEWALT DW744XRS 10-inch Job Site Table Saw, the saw stand, 24-tooth 10 inch carbide blade, miter gauge and a push stick. There are some other models available in the market that are prices a little lower. However, with the 3 year limited warranty, one year free servicing and a 90-day money back guarantee, this is the most cost effective table saw for the professionals. Another great benefit of this product is the longevity. Machine tools go through a lot of wear and tear. That is why it is very important to make sure that the tool that you are buying will last a long time and will give you the same performance. This new table saw is one of the toughest table saws out there. Most of the customers who have used this product are very happy with its performance and durability.
Pros and cons of the Dewalt DW744XRS Table Saw
The Dewalt DW744XRS Table Saw comes with a lot of unique features. Most people are very happy with this produce. However, there are some people who are not completely satisfied with the quality and service of this table saw. Here are some pros and cons according to the customers.
- Very much portable with the help of rolling stand and wheels
- Very powerful motor that provides efficient and consistent workflow
- The table saw can be used to cut hardwoods very easily
- Provides a higher rip capacity (24-1/2 inch) due to the presence of a telescopic lens
- Allows smooth and accurate maneuvering due to less vibration
- 3 years limited warranty with 1 year free service
- The price is very reasonable comparing all the features
- It is a little difficult to transport the table saw compared with some other portable ones
- The miter gauge is said to be a little weak
- Some people have problems adjusting the fence for the first time
- Takes a while to get used to the blade tilt adjustment
Overall, this is an excellent table saw to have if you are a professional handyman who needs to travel from one workplace to another.
Best Table Saw Reviews 2013 – Top 5 Table Saws
Read following best table saw reviews and select your best table saw:
No.2 : Bosch 4100 Table Saw Review