Whether you’re a carpenter or just a person who loves doing simple carpentry stuff at home, you’ll be looking for the best saw that will give you a good cutting outcome. If you’re doing all types of custom works, be it from framing to quality trim, stairs and built-in cabinets, and the like, accuracy in a saw will be your top most concern. The DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw is so promising when it comes to cutting accuracy and capacity. It has been designed perfectly to suit your cutting needs. This miter saw is lightweight and weighs just about 44 pounds and comes with a built-in carry handle so it is easier and more comfortable for you to do the cutting job and carry it with you anywhere within your work site.
DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw Features
- With 15.0 Amp
- With 12-inch carbide blade
- With 3,600 rpm motor that is powerful and durable
- Comes with adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate which has 11 positive stops
- Machine based fence support
- Miter system is precise
- With tall sliding fences support
- Gearbox is innovative
- Powerful belt-drive design for best vertical cutting ability
- Convenient dust bag
This DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw is powered by a 15.0 Amp motor. This comes with a 12-inch carbide blade which spins at 3,600 rpm making it extremely powerful and durable. The tall fences of the saw and the double bevel features make this saw’s performance dramatically impressive. The DW716 also introduces adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate which has 11 positive stops needed for usual miter cuts. You can also override miter stops with its miter detent override feature and be able to adjust the settings you need for the cut. The tall fences support allows reliable support for crown and base molding. You can do crown molding up to 6-5/8-inch nested and 6-1/2-inch vertically for base molding, making it way easy to shift for bevel cuts. The precise miter system provides optimum accuracy in cutting.
The DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw makes up for effective crosscutting and miter cutting jobs. It provides quick and accurate cutting performance. This miter saw is not only accurate in cutting jobs but is also versatile. Its big miter capacity, that is from 0 to 50 degrees left and right adds up to its brilliant design of convenience and excellent performance. This miter saw had been designed for accurate and reliable cuts. This handy tool allows you to adjust for any kinds of cut. The bevel cut ranges 0 to 48 degrees left to right. Moreover, setting the common bevel angles is made easy because of the hardened steel bevel which stops at 0, 33.9, 45 and 48 degrees on both sides. Indeed the smart design of this miter saw is fitted for your meticulous cutting desires.
Advantages of using DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- Given its 15.0 amp motor, you are assured of powerful and durable cutting job.
- Its adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops provides for a productive, accurate and versatile cutting.
- This miter saw is lightweight and only weighs 44 pounds provides ease of use and allows you to be flexible between cuts. This miter is extremely portable so you can bring it anywhere in your work site.
- This miter comes with a dust bag which collects dust pretty impressive.
- The design of the belt-drive and the gearbox allows for an excellent vertical cutting performance.
Disadvantages of using DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- The dust port is 1.5″ O.D. which is pretty small, and so the dust bag acquires almost half of the sawdust when cutting and fills up quickly.
- The kerf of this saw is not so thick so it is a bit worrying to cut tall materials vertically.
Nevertheless, despite the drawbacks, this DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw makes up for an excellent cutting job. The dust bag is just a bonus and you’d empty it anyway. The kerf still does a good cutting performance too.