This DEWALT DW713 Compound Miter Saw is an excellent tool for a variety of applications. This is why; it is mostly preferred by homeowners and DIY professionals. The looks of this compound miter saw from Dewalt is also interesting and eye-catching because it is very unique and not something you have ever seen before. This compound miter saw weighs just 35 pounds, has a length of 23.75 inches, 16.75 inches width and a height of 19 inches. It is a compact and lightweight compound miter saw that is packed with a number of features. Upon purchasing this saw, the package includes the saw, one carbide blade, a blade wrench and a dust bag. This saw is also backed by a three-year limited warranty, which includes one year free service as well as a 90 day money back guarantee.
The features that this DEWALT DW713 Compound Miter Saw has are as follows:
- A 15 amp motor delivering a no-load speed of 5,000 rpm. This feature is responsible for making this saw a truly powerful tool.
- A 10-inch powerful carbide blade. This feature enables users to cut through baseboards and crown molding easily and quickly.
- An adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate. This feature also features 11 positive stops and this is responsible for improved efficiency and setting up this machine easily.
- An easy-to-adjust cam-lock miter handle. This feature contributes a lot to delivering quick and accurate miter angles.
- A big miter capacity. This feature makes this saw versatile as it has a capacity of 0 to 50 degrees to the left and the right.
- A tall fence. This feature is the one that supports the 4-1/2-inch crown molding and the 6-inch base molding set for more convenient work with this saw and the creation of bevel cuts.
- A built-in carry handle. This feature allows the users to easily carry this saw around without feeling burdened and too much hassle.
- A DEWALT DWS7085 L.E.D. work light. This feature contributes to the ease of use and accuracy promised by Dewalt when using this compound miter saw.
This DEWALT DW713 Compound Miter Saw is definitely a must-have tool because it cannot be compared to other miter saws out there. What sets this saw apart from other saws is that it is not just a feature laden saw with mediocre components; rather, you would really feel you’d get higher quality things you need with it. In other words, it is not just packed with useless features but with quality features. Some of the features you would appreciate with this saw are the tall fence, the blade guard, a dust bag that actually catches sawdust, a high quality miter table/gauge without stickers, a 15 amp motor, and a stout and sturdy frame. The miter lock or the locking mechanism is another good feature because it securely clamps the miter table down on irregular angles. This saw’s clamping mechanism won’t fail or weaken over time unlike other saws that have a tendency to move slightly after being tightened.
This saw has adequate power too that is sufficient for this saw to be deemed as a very accurate saw. Because of its great power, the performance of this saw is great as well and it will cut almost anything even if it doesn’t have the cutting capacity of a slider and it doesn’t bevel to both sides. This is the reason why it is a saw that is perfect for DIY users and homeowners. Overall, this is a great product especially in making wood working items.
Aside from being a high performing tool, this saw has an overall impressive quality. You would be happy with the quality of construction and accuracy of the cuts this saw delivers. Speaking of quality, this saw has tighter tolerance compared to other compound miter saws. This means that unlike other brands wherein if you try to wiggle the handle side to side there will be small amount of play where the blade and handle move just slightly; this saw has next to none. In other words, the tolerance on this saw are tighter than the competition, proving that this saw is very well constructed even if it is simple. To sum up all, this saw indeed has plenty of power, light weight, and built well.
When it comes to the blade performance and build, with its 40 tooth, it is surprisingly good. Its bag collection feature also works well enough. Even if it does not collect all the dust at once, it does work.
But aside from the main reasons why this is an excellent saw such as its small size and weight, it’s quality construction, simplicity, and its super reliable angle locking mechanism, there are also other reasons why this is a must-have. First, it is easy to use and clicks into the positive stops. Second, setup and breakdown are smooth and easy as well as it is very easy to move around and it isn’t awkward to carry. Third, it is a great space-saver and takes up little space in your truck, storage, etc. In other words, it is very convenient.
There is not much complaint about this Dewalt DW713 miter saw except for the price. It is indeed a very expensive saw compared to other miter saws out there. Yes, you can find some cheaper saws with more features for almost half the price but the quality and performance won’t be the same as this amazing saw. If some saws are expansive because you are also buying the brand, this is different because you are not only buying the brand but also all the good things in this saw.
Therefore, even if the price is higher than most miter saws, it still boils down to the fact that when you buy the DEWALT DW713 Compound Miter Saw, you aredefinitely getting what you paid for. This saw has the right amount of features that are just perfect for its price, which means that you would still be getting a reasonable deal when you buy this great compound miter saw.