The DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill is the type of tool that every contractor working with concrete, steel and wood ought to have. With a 380 Watt motor and a 0.5 ingle sleeve key-less ratcheting chuck, you will be guaranteed of optimal performance. If you are a do-it-yourself homeowner and have limited space in your garage to store tools, then you need to make a point of acquiring the DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill because of the compact design and build that makes it easy to store the tool even in tight spaces.
Then again, it is not just the compact design and build that entices thousands of armatures and professionals to the DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill. Comfort is the other reason why this tool is a cut above the rest in the market. The design is such that you can effortlessly hold the drill and tilt it to any direction without applying too much effort. This in turn ensures that fatigue is not an issue as is the case with using other types of power tools.
In ensuring that the tool features a compact design and build, the manufacturer did not have to sacrifice any key feature. For instance, the tool boasts of a 0.5 single sleeve keyless ratcheting chuck that functions in guaranteeing excellent bit retention as well as convenience. The 380 watt motors ensues that the power tool can deliver up to a maximum of 1500 RPM, thus ensuring that you can drill and hammer through virtually any kind of object. In ensuring that you have everything that you need to get the job done within a short period of time, the manufacturer has also included in the kit 2 18-volt NiCad batteries, charger as well as a carrying case.
DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill Features and Specifications
- 90 day money back guarantee which is backed with a 3 year limited manufacturer warranty.
- Compact design and build which not only ensures easy storage but portability.
- Variable speed for optimal performance as it allows the user to select a speed he/she is comfortable with.
- Powerful and sturdy motor with the ability to produce up to 380 watts.
- Measures 14.8 by 13.5 by 4.7 inches and weighs 4.9 pounds thus minimizing exhaustion during use.
- Ability to provide users with up to a maximum of 1,500 RPM.
In a bid to ensure convenience and flexibility, the manufacturer has incorporated a cordless design. Normally, when working in tight spaces movement is an issue because of cord restriction. This in turn means that the contractor has to carry an additional power extension cord so as to ensure that he/she has the ability to reach far corners. This can be a huge problem if you are working in an area where the nearest power source is several meters from your workstation. But, this hassle and bustle has been eliminated thanks to the cordless design and built. Consequently, you can rest assured that your turnaround time will not be an issue since you can move between jobs and projects with ease without having to worry about the cord being stuck on something.
Whereas it is normal to feel exhausted after working for a couple of hours, more than often the fatigues are machine induced. If you have to struggle to hold the power rill or hammer in place and even to find the right grip, you will be wasting the energy needed to complete the project on time. As such, you will be compelled to take numerous unnecessary brakes in order to recover your strength. But this is not the case with the DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill. Exhaustion is eliminated in the following ways:
– Lightweight: The power drill weighs a paltry 4.9 pounds thus ensuring that you do not feel the weight of the machine while working.
– Dual speed range: Not everyone has the same level of energy and strength. While manufacturing the DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill, the manufacturer made certain that it was not a one-size-fits all. The ability to adjust drilling speed so as to suit your comfort ensures that you do not feel exhausted upon completing the first project.
Fast turnaround Time
The key to guaranteeing that your profit margins remain the same and go up by a slight margin is making certain that you are able to complete the projects assigned to you on time. The 380 watt motor has the ability to produce up to a maximum of 1,500 RPM, thereby guaranteeing you optimal performance.
The Pros and Cons
The decision on whether or not to purchase the DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill will hinge on the pros and cons. Prior to making a purchase, most consumers like spending time assessing the pros and cons of a product so as to ensure that they are making the right investment. Given that this review is designed to provide you with honest and unbiased opinion regarding the DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill, it has listed the pros and cons that come with it:
– 90 day money back guarantee backed with a 3 year limited warranty. The fact that the manufacturer is willing to stand by the product is a huge plus as it gives you the much needed confidence that the product is of high quality.
– Cordless design. As pointed out earlier, when handling projects you want to be able to complete them on time. The cordless design ensures that you can easily move between drilling jobs without being weighed down by the cord.
– Variable speed. The ability to adjust the speed of the DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill is a huge plus since it ensures that you select a speed you are comfortable working with.
– Compact design and build. This is to ensure that storage and portability are not an issue.
– You have to recharge the 18-volt NiCad batteries after every one hour and this can greatly affect your output.
If you make your purchase online today at Amazon.com, you can acquire the DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill at a paltry $109.99 thanks to the 26% discount on the price tag.
Best Cordless Drill Reviews 2013 – Top 5 Cordless Drills