The Chamberlain KLIK1U Clicker Transmitter Universal Garage Door Remote Control is a great replacement for lost or damaged remotes, or as an extra remote for multi-car households.
Chamberlain KLIK1U Features:
- Compatible with 99.9% of garage door opener systems
- Has Smart Learn button
- Can be programmed quickly and easily
- Can be programmed to work with two different opener systems; has two buttons for this purpose
- Coin-battery included
- Attaches to car visor
- 1-Year limited warranty
The Chamberlain KLIK1U Universal Garage Door Remote has been designed for the convenient replacement of damaged or lost garage remotes, or can be picked up as an extra remote when a household has more than one vehicle. Not only is it compatible with garage door opener systems from a broad list of manufacturers, it is compatible with 99.9% of garage door openers. This one remote can be easily programmed to work with two different systems. This universal gargage door remote is made by one of the most trusted names in the door opener systems worldwide.
- The majority of people have found this universal garage door remote extremely easy to program and use. So much so that many have recommended this Charmberlain remote, would buy another one or have bought another one.
- It not only works with current garage door opener systems, but it also works with systems from the 1990s. It has even worked with many 1980s systems.
- The battery seems to have a pretty long life for a frequent user of this remote, a year and a half.
- The company will also give advice on how to reprogram the actual garage door opening system in order to render the original lost remote usless.
- If the programming instructions are followed to the letter (this often seems to mean pressint the remote more times during programming than the first sign of activatoin), then there seems to be no problem with this remote having a range that will open a garage door from down the block.
- The design of this universal garage door remote is slim enough to conveniently fit in a car.
- The clicker style of the keys keeps this remote from accidentally being activated in a pocket or a purse.
- Some people have had difficulty programming this remote.
- Some users have said that the range of this universal remote is very short with under 10 feet being the common result.
- Some have felt that the design of this garage door remote is a bit too clunky.
All in all, the majority of customers are extremely satisfied with the programming and performance of the Chamberlain KLIK1U Clicker Transmitter Universal Garage Door Remote Control. It can be found online for a great price and this remote really does seem to live up to the “universal” in its description. Even though the programming for the majority of the 1980s garage door opener systems is a little more time consuming, customers have said that it is not complicated if one takes the time to follow the instructions.