The Broan QS136SS 36-Inch Allure Range Hood is a range hood that belongs to the Broan Allure series. This is one of the most appreciated Allure range hood models featuring a four-way convertibility that includes 3-1/4-inch by 10-inch (horizontal or vertical), 7-inch round, or non-ducted discharges. This is an excellent versatility factor that most consumers are raving about. This Broan Allure model boasts about a quieter performance compared to other Allure models and since it is a Broan product, you can be sure that from lighting, blowing steam, to ease of operations, you’d be getting a truly impressive performance from this range hood.
Broan QS136SS 36-Inch Allure Range Hood Features
- 110 CFM at normal, 220 CFM at high setting
- 1.5 sones on normal speed and 5 sones on high speed
- fully enclosed design
- standard large filters made of dishwasher-safe mesh
- Teflon, non-stick bottom cover
- two-speed motor
- two light settings
- Two contoured rocker switch controls
- four-way convertibility: 3-1/4-inch by 10-inch (horizontal or vertical), 7-inch round, or non-ducted discharges
- Adjustable duct connectors
Range hood Performance
The Broan QS136SS 36-Inch Allure model operates at 1.5 sones on normal speed and 5 sones on high speed, so it is a range hood of power but even with its power, this operates quietly.
Ease of Operations
The Broan QS136SS 36-Inch Allure Range Hood features two-speed rocker switches for motor and lights, allowing the user to choose motor speed and light setting according to his or her preference. For lighting, the user can simply choose whether he or she prefers bright light for cooking and soft nighttime light. The QS136SS 36-Inch Allure model also features a very versatile operation since users are provided with the four-way convertibility feature so you can choose whether you want 3-1/4-inch by 10-inch, 7-inch round, or non-ducted discharges.
The Broan QS136SS 36-Inch Allure features a fully enclosed design plus standard large filters made of dishwasher-safe mesh. It also comes with the Teflon, non-stick bottom cover. All these features contribute to the easy cleanup of this range hood.
The QS136SS 36-Inch Allure is a stainless steel range hood that weighs 23 pounds. It is designed to be lightweight and more compact than other range hoods. In other words, it comes with a very Clean and sleek appearance which makes it very nice looking in the kitchen. It is also designed to last for a long time despite the wear and tear.
The Pros and Cons of the Broan QS136SS 36-Inch Allure Range Hood
The Broan QS136SS 36-Inch Allure Range Hood is truly alluring according to most consumers and previous users. Below are the pros and cons of this Broan Allure model according to consumers who have tried the product out already.
- It has a very nice quality, installed easily and really improved the kitchen.
- The lights are bright and the fan is so quiet. It moves air in a really quiet operation.
- It is sleek and well-made. It is expensive-looking but you’d be surprised that the price is just right.
- The stainless steel is nice. It makes this range hood attractive and classy-looking.
- It is easy to install because the installation instructions are very good.
- It is indeed quiet because on low, you can barely hear the fan on the range hood. You’ll need to take a closer look to see if it is actually turned on. This product moves a substantial amount of air with a noise level that is unnoticeable at the lower speed and considerably less noisy than other models at high speed.
- It is very effective. Steam is removed from all burners, front or back especially on the high setting.
- It has excellent lights. The lights not only shine brightly onto the burners, they even light up the counter tops on both sides of the stove. The 2 levels of lighting is a big advantage as it makes you chose whether you want bright lights or dim lights.
- It is truly a capable exhaust fan at a reasonable price. It is a great fan that provides excellent light and ventilation.
- The screens are very large and easy to remove for cleaning. This makes this range hood easy to clean.
- Quality and ease of fit are both impressive.
- It has a classy look without the classy price!
- The fan didn’t move freely within the hood.
- It is actually noisy especially on high speed because the plastic fan blade is also slightly warped and it touches the housing so it is impossible not to make any noise at high speed.
- There is still a lot of steam rolling past the front even with the thing on high since the front part of the vent doesn’t really have a lip along the front to try to lead moisture to the fan intake.
- The stainless steel comes with the thinnest gauge you could possibly have. It makes you question quality as it could easily deform and bend down.
- It’s hard to seal the hood to the exhaust pipe with duct tape without removing the fan, which was not a standard installation operation.
- There is not very good airflow control which causes the exhaust air to be pulled through the lamp holes into the hood, bypassing the filter.
- It is only quieter at low, but at high, it is as loud as other range hoods.
- The install requires a cable clamp for the wiring which is not included with the unit. That means added cost as well as added time and effort to take a trip to the depot.
- The lights are very prominent because the light bulbs it calls for stick out a little more which makes you worry that someone is going to bang one of them and break a glass bulb easily.
- The instructions had missing info and dimensions so it’s not good for the mechanically challenged.
- The vent is not the very best ever made.
Overall, the Broan QS136SS 36-Inch Allure Range Hood is the range hood to purchase if you want a range hood with an upscale look that would fit your budget as well as if you are interested in buying a range hood that is fair priced but would operate as intended.