The Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood is a Broan-designed range hood that features 1.5 sones on normal speed and 5 sones on high speed operations. It is loved by many consumers because it also features a very generous convertibility. Aside from the looks, the functions, and the quality, it really performs well in the kitchen. You’d be impressed at how your kitchen can benefit greatly from this Broan range hood which is not a surprise because it is very typical of Broan products not to disappoint most consumers.
Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood Features
- Weight: 22 pounds
- Length: 20 inches
- Width: 30 inches
- Height: 7.25 inches
- a quiet two-speed motor
- two light settings
- large micro-mesh filters
- Convertible hood with four-way convertibility: 3-1/4-inch by 10-inch (horizontal or vertical), 7-inch round, or non-ducted discharges.
- Adjustable duct connectors
- Two-speed rocker switches for motor and lights
- Includes damper/adapter
The Broan QS130SS Allure features a stainless steel color and material which makes it very durable as it is not prone to rust. Its stainless steel design makes this range hood look attractively nice to the kitchen. It is also lightweight of only 22 pounds so installing it is not a hassle.
The QS130SS Allure also features 1.5 sones on normal speed and 5 sones on high speed, 110 CFM at normal, 220 CFM at high setting. This feature makes this range hood perform quietly as well as perform excellently.
The Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood features four-way convertibility: 3-1/4-inch by 10-inch (horizontal or vertical), 7-inch round, or non-ducted discharges. This feature contributes to this range hood’s versatility as it makes this range hood perfect for either ducted or ductless operations. Its versatile design also makes this range hood more convenient compared to other range hood brands.
The Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood features Two-speed rocker switches for motor and lights. This allows the users to select the settings of the fan speed and the light settings as well. This way, cooking is more convenient even at dim kitchen lighting as well as users have control over the fan speed.
The Pros and Cons of the Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood
The Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood looks and feels like it is manufactured in good quality. But here are several of the reviews made by consumers about this product. These pros and cons of the QS130SS will help you balance the good things versus the not-so-good things and help with your buying decision.
- It has a quiet fan on setting one. It makes cooking peaceful.
- The light function is like the surface of the sun because the hood brings the light up a bit higher than traditional hoods. The lights are also perfect with a high and low setting. In fact, the dual lamps give generous illumination for cooking even on “dim”.
- It is easy to install. It was not too hard for a DIY type person.
- This range hood definitely has a different look to it, but it looks great. The dual lighting system is really nice and the hood is attractive. It was designed with style.
- It is more affordable and reasonably-priced than other models. You can save a lot with this range hood.
- It looks nice in the kitchen. It would make the kitchen look more awesome and attractive too.
- It comes with good instructions about how to install which makes this range hood very easy to install even if this is your first time installing such a kitchen appliance.
- This is made in very sturdy and quality stainless steel so it would still work well even if it has been used for many years already. It is made to last long.
- As advertised, it is very quiet on the low setting. In other words, it has a low noise level even if the suction is great.
- It is definitely good value for the money because it is not priced high but it is not low on quality.
- It looks nice in the kitchen because it mostly complements with the color and design of other kitchen appliances like the fridge, the stove, etc.
- It has a very powerful fan.
- It is designed for versatile installation and goes up relatively easily.
- It looks good but the manufacturer put more emphasis on looks than functionality because it is not that excellent in terms of functions.
- Boiling water on the front burners on your range may require you to turn the fan on to full otherwise the condensation will accumulate around the lights and drip onto the stove top.
- It isn’t really quite as indicated especially on high setting. Noise level is not that great.
- The bulbs are not included in the package and because the bulbs required are expensive, it means additional cost indeed. You see, the hood doesn’t use standard light bulbs. Instead, you have to use short bulbs with a flattened top because the top of the bulbs project downward from the front of the hood instead of being in a pocket behind a diffuser.
- It doesn’t seem to draw a lot of air.
- The two filters on the bottom are large but they are so close to the hood’s circular fan that only a portion of their surface has air flowing through it.
- The overhanging part of the hood also does nothing to trap smoke, steam, or hot air and draw it toward the filters.
- Grease that does get trapped in the filters collects quickly and starts to drip from the filters back onto the stove.
- The fan housing is bent so the plastic fan brushes against the steel fan housing which creates noise and affects the design of the range hood.
- It is also far larger than expected.
Overall, you will no longer find a reasonably priced range hood that comes with good quality performance and design like the Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood. For a nice price, you can already add good looks to your kitchen while trapping smoke, steam, or hot air towards the filters effectively.