Making an informed decision on the most effective and reliable rotary hammer to purchase, can be quite challenging for a majority of people. This is because there are different brands and models accessible in the market and each differs from one another in terms of features, sizes and power. Since the introduction of the first Bosch rotary hammer into the market, the manufacturer has made several changes to the design and build, thus offering both do-it-yourself users and professionals with the kind of tool that can enable them to realize their goals. For instance, the Bosch 11255VSR BULLDOG XTREME 1-Inch SDS-plus D-Handle Rotary Hammer features a 7.2 amp motor with the capacity to produce up to 2.2 foot pounds of impact force. As such, you can rest assured that the tool will provide you with the kind of performance that you are looking for.
Features and Specifications
- Measures 17.2 x 7.2 x 3 inches and weighs 6 pounds. This in turn ensures that the tool does not exert pressure in your hands and wrists.
- Powerful and stellar motor that allows for drilling through virtually any object. Consequently, you can use the tool for different applications thanks to the 2.2 foot-pounds direct impact energy.
- Cutting-edge rotating brush plate that functions in offering even power on both forward and reverse motions.
- 3-in-1 operation mode. Consequently, you can utilize the tool as a rotary hammer, rotation-only hammer or simply hammer.
Then again, it is not just the powerful and stellar motor that entices thousands of consumers to this motor. The manufacturer has also incorporated into the tool a multi-function selector with three different modes. Therefore, you can choose between three modes of operation, that is, rotary hammer, rotation only and hammer only. Basically what the designer has insured you against, is the need of buying different power tools when you can get all the functions you require from a single tool.
The Vario-Lock Positioning device has been included so as to ensure that the hammer can rotate and lock the chisel in different positions, thereby allowing you to achieve varying work angles. Other features that are worth mentioning about are the patented rotating brush plate, cord turret, SDS-plus bit and variable speed setting.
Variable Speed Setting
One of the things that you need to keep in mind when shopping for a power tool is the fact that the power and strength provided by the tool may be too much for some users to handle. Hence, a good rotary hammer ought to provide users with means through which they can adjust the speeds to their liking. The variable speed setting allows you to select a particular forward and reverse speed that you are comfortable with, thus ensuring optimal performance.
Ergonomic Design and Build
As pointed out earlier, the Bosch 11255VSR BULLDOG XTREME 1-Inch SDS-plus D-Handle Rotary Hammer can be used for different drilling applications, for example, foundation repair works, roofing repair and installation and plumbing fixture installation. The amount of power required and direction of drilling may differ from one project to another. As such, one of the major concerns that a majority of consumers have while shopping for a suitable power tool is exhaustion.
Fatigue will not be a major source of concern when using the Bosch 11255VSR BULLDOG XTREME since it has been ergonomically designed to offer comfort and ease of use. Consequently, you will find yourself working for prolonged hours without realizing that your arms and wrists need rest. What’s more is that the size and weight of the tool makes it easier for users to transport and use it for different applications.
Power and Versatility
Does the Bosch 11255VSR BULLDOG XTREME 1-Inch SDS-plus D-Handle Rotary Hammer have enough power to drill and hammer through concrete and steel structures? The answer is an emphatic yes. Some of the key features that ought to provide you with a glimpse of the actual power that the tool can produce are the motor capacity as well as impact energy.
The Pros and Cons
Familiarizing yourself with the actual features of a power tool is just but the first step. The next thing that you need to find out is if the tool is as good when in use as it is on paper. More than often, the manufacturer cannot provide you with this information as they are only interested in making money from increased sales. But by reading reviews, you can rest assured that this information will be provided to you.
The pros and cons listed herein have been collected from actual users who have had first-hand experience in using the tool. By weighing the pros and cons, you will be able to make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase the Bosch rotary hammer.
- Warranty: The manufacturer has provided a 3 year limited warranty on the tool. This basically assures you that any manufacturer flaw will be rectified at the expense of the manufacturer.
- Performance: The tool boasts of a 7.2 amp motor with the capacity to produce up to a maximum of 2.2 foot-pounds of impact energy.
- User friendly: The manufacturer took into account the ease of while manufacturing the Bosch 11255VSR BULLDOG XTREME 1-Inch SDS-plus D-Handle Rotary Hammer so as to ensure that problems such as fatigue are not experienced by the user. The handle not only offers a comfortable grip for the user, but can tilt at different angles hence ensuring accuracy and precision.
Perhaps the only con is the fact that the Bosch 11255VSR BULLDOG XTREME only utilizes SDS bits thereby limiting users. On the other hand, if the user would like to utilize a standard bit, he/she will be compelled to acquire separate chuck which only adds to the cost.
If you make your purchase today on Amazon.com, you will be able to acquire the tool for a paltry $174.99 after benefiting from a 55% discount on the price tag as well as benefit from the free shipping offer.