The Black & Decker SS12C 12-Volt Cordless Drill is the ideal drilling tool that every homeowner and professional contractors ought to equip their workshops with. Thanks to the cutting-edge features built into the tool, users are now able to use the tool for a wide range of applications varying from wood to concrete. Hence if you are an HVAC, remodeling, plumbing or electrical contractor, you should be able to use the tool complete your projects with relative ease.
Some of the features that make the Black & Decker SS12C 12-Volt Cordless Drill a cut above the rest include a SMARTSELECT Clutch technology that enable users to configure the drill so as to suit the project they are undertaking. Consequently, you can rest assured that the drill will be able to automatically alter both the power and speed generated, thereby guaranteeing you optimal results.
When shopping for a suitable power drill, one of the things that you need to lookout for is the ability to regulate speed. The two speed setting allows users to choose between low and high speed settings. Also included is a powerful and versatile motor with the ability to produce up to a maximum of 130 inch pound torque. Durability is also not an issue thanks to the metallic chuck. Comfort and ease of control are ensured thanks to the ergonomic design and build that gives the tool its compact build.
Black & Decker SS12C 12-Volt Cordless Drill Features and Specifications
- 3 year limited manufacturer warranty. This is basically a mark of quality.
- Built using metal chuck which functions in ensuring durability.
- High performance motor that guarantees up to a maximum of 130 inches pounds torque.
- Two speeding setting that allows users to choose a speed they are comfortable working with.
- Gear indicator which functions in indicating to users the gear setting.
- SMARTSELECT Clutch that allows users to configure the tool to suit the project they are working on.
Compact Design and Build
While building the Black & Decker SS12C 12-Volt Cordless Drill, the manufacturer took into consideration most of the issues that majorities of consumers pointed out in regard to other tools. One of the things that you will instantly notice about the Black & Decker SS12C Drill is the compact design and build. While working on several projects, you want to make certain that the selected tool does not exert a lot of pressure on your arms and wrists thus minimizing instances of exhaustion. The Black & Decker SS12C 12 Volt Drill measures 10.7 x 3.6 x 9 inches and weighs 4.0 pounds. This in turn ensures that you do not feel the weight of the drill weighing down on you while working.
As pointed out earlier, the Black & Decker SS12C 12-Volt Drill is not a one-size-fits all. Not everyone has the same power and strength required to handle the force generated power drills. By including a 2-speed setting, the manufacturer ensured that users would be able to select a speed they are comfortable with.
The performance and output is increased thanks to the powerful motor that guarantees a 130-inch-pound torque. The double ended screwdriver also ensures that you can use the tool for drilling on a wide range of objects.
Turnaround time and output not only depends on the power and strength of the motor but the ease with which you can utilize the tool to complete the projects assigned to you. The absence of a power cord ensures that you are not limited by the length of the power cable and that your work is not affected by the obstacles around you. Then again, just because the drill comes equipped with a 12-volt rechargeable battery does not necessarily mean that downtime will be an issue. The battery life is such that you can work for prolonged periods without having to worry about the life of your battery.
The quality of a product is defined by the type of warranty that it comes with. While shopping for a cordless power tool, you want to make certain that your investment is safeguarded. The 3 year limited warranty ensures that you do not incur any additional expense due to manufacturing flaws.
Upon making your purchase, you will be provided with 12 volt cup charger, two rechargeable batteries and a dual ended screwdriver bit.
The Pros and Cons
This Black & Decker SS12C 12-Volt Drill review has been created with an aim of providing you with honest and unbiased opinion about the power drill. The information highlighted herein is designed to enable you make an informed decision on whether or not to acquire the drill. As such, it has listed some of the pros and cons that may tilt your decision to purchase the tool.
– Durability: Longevity is guaranteed thanks to the metallic chuck.
– Variable Speed: The tool features two speed setting that allows you to select between low and high speed setting.
– Ergonomic Design: The ergonomic design ensures that the tool is not only user friendly, but comfortable to use. This is made possible thanks to the compact design and build. Storage and portability are also not an issue since the design and build allows users to store the tool even in tight-fitting areas.
– LED Light: In case you need to work in a tight-fitting area with poor lighting, you can be guaranteed of accuracy and precision thanks to the LED light that offers better visibility in low-light areas.
Perhaps the only setback that you’ll realize as you utilize the tool, especially if you need to work for prolonged hours is the fact that you need to recharge the tool after 60 minutes. This in turn can greatly affect your output. Nonetheless, since you will not be using the tool continuously for one hour, you can rest assured that it will provide you with the kind of performance you are looking for.
If you make your purchase Black & Decker SS12C online today from Amazon.com, you stand to benefit from the 50% discount which translates to $39.59.
Best Cordless Drill Reviews 2013 – Top 5 Cordless Drills