Best Reciprocating Saw Reviews 2014 – Top 5 Reciprocating Saws
No.1 Milwaukee 6519-31 Reciprocating Saw Review(Price: $124.96)
The Milwaukee 6519-31 Reciprocating Saw is the newest version of soul mechanic series that the Milwaukee company introduces in the market nowadays. As a matter of fact, it is the number choice among DIY’s and the professional crafts. Well, since it is produced by this company it means that it is manufactured with great durability at the same time it has the ability to run with all kinds of metals and woods.
No.2 Milwaukee 6509-31 Reciprocating Saw Review(Price: $142.51)
The reciprocating saw is excellent among home improvements which can explore your own creativity. As a matter of fact, this kind of saw that cuts anything like fiberglass, stucco, hardwoods and metals. Additionally, it can accomplish push and pull motion of seeing in reciprocating activities.
No.3 Ingersoll Rand 429 Heavy Duty Reciprocating Saw Review(Price: $79.99)
The Ingersoll Rand 429 Heavy Duty Reciprocating Saw cuts powerfully every curves edges as well as any flat surfaces of your materials. In other words, it has cutting versatility that can be able to cut materials like fiberglasses, sheet metals, aluminums and other plastics. Aside from that, it gives you low vibration mechanisms in which it decreases hand exhaustion upon constant usage.
No.4 Bosch PS60-2A Pocket Reciprocating Saw Review(Price: $210.61)
It is therefore very fortunate that nowadays technology is an uprising from its peak. Its transformation is very great. This is because it can make the workload of everyone to be easier and smoother runs till the end. Aside from that, the results produces are well surprisingly, it is like working as professionals in return.
No.5 DEWALT DW304PK 10 Amp Reciprocating Saw Review(Price: $98.88)
The world of machinery in the modern technology is constantly upgrading. Like the products of DEWALT company, they are known to produce newly high standardized machinery that everyone loves to have. Aside from that, their newly product which is the DEWALT DW304PK 10 Amp Reciprocating Saw that introduces in the market nowadays gain lots of positive feedback among avid users.
Reciprocating Saw Buying Guide
There are many types of handheld and electric saws out there, but only a reciprocating saw can be used for cutting on hard to reach areas whether you are cutting on wood or metal. This type of saw is mainly used for demolition work, cutting into floor and ceilings, pipes, and studs. One thing that’s noticeable about this saw is because it is used with the blade being pushed and pulled back speedily as well as it can be used with different types of blades. If you want to add a reciprocating saw to your toolbox but you have no idea how to buy the right saw and what features to look for, check out the guide below.
- Design. Reciprocating saws come in many different designs but what you should look out for is not just an attractive appearance but also how it is designed or crafted. A reciprocating saw that is designed with an ergonomic handle is highly recommended if you want to experience a great deal of comfort when using this saw. Ergonomic handles provide comfort for your hands and keeps away hand strain even if you have been working with the saw for a long period of time.
- Motor/Amp rating. There are reciprocating saws that come with 15 amps motor and 5 amps the least. If you are going to be using the reciprocating saw on a more heavy duty task, you should choose to buy a saw with 15 amp rating maximum, but if you are only going to use it for home use and minor repairs, at least a 10 amp rating will do. The amp rating determines the power of the reciprocating saw you are buying. The amp rating also contributes to the performance of the saw. With a higher amp rating, there is higher power so the saw can easily cut through the wood or metal.
- Speed. This refers to the variable speed of the reciprocating saw and this also refers to how many strokes per minute the saw can perform. There are reciprocating saws that have fixed variable speed while there are reciprocating saws that have adjustable variable speed. If you are going to choose the fixed speed, you should make sure that the speed meets your needs. A reciprocating saw variable speed of 0 -2000 SPM is highly recommended. Meanwhile, if you choose an adjustable speed, you will have control over the speed of your saw.
- Size and Weight. There are reciprocating saws that are compact in size as well as lightweight while there are saws that are bigger and not that lightweight. Considering the size and weight of the reciprocating saw you buy will benefit you in terms of convenience. Compact and lightweight saws are easier to carry around especially if your task requires transferring from one area to another. However, if you are more at ease with heavy saws because they ensure you of its durability, it is also okay to choose heavier and bigger saws especially if your work does not require carrying the saw from one place to another.
- Blades. Even if reciprocating saws can be used with different types of blades, you should also consider the type of blade and whether it could really perform better. The blades differ in sizes as there are 10 inch blades and 12-inch blades and they have different uses such as blades for demolition, blades for cutting metal and wood, etc. Determine what types of blades are perfect for the task you are mostly going to perform with the reciprocating saw. Make sure that the saw also features a tool-less blade change so that changing the blades is not only easier but safer.
- Controls. Just like other electric tools, a reciprocating saw also has controls wherein you simply have to press them to start operating the saw. These controls are usually located in different locations according to the reciprocating saw. Controls that are easy to reach without having to use your other hand are very convenient. In terms of control, it is also best if the saw you choose has a lock-off system. This way, even if you accidentally hit the control or turn on button, the saw won’t accidentally start and cause accidents from occurring.
- Warranty. This can benefit your budget greatly. If you are looking for quality saw, money should be no object, but since times are financially hard nowadays and as much as possible you want to save money on every purchase you make, you could at least buy a reciprocating saw that comes with an excellent warranty not only for the product but also for the services as well as other parts such as the blades. This way, even if you spent a lot for the whole reciprocating saw, in case it gets damaged, repairs and replacements can be covered by the warranty.