Best Band Saw Reviews 2014 – Top 5 Band Saws
Read following best band saw reviews and get your best band saw:
No.1 JET 414459 HVBS-7MW Bandsaw Review(Price: $1,299.00)
JET414459 vertical and horizontal band saw tool is among the well known kinds of this saw. It has hydraulic down feeder and a coolant system applied in making miter cuts on longer stocks like tubing and piping. Its hydraulic down feeder control permits the user in fiddling the cut speed. And its coolant system makes faster and cleaner cuts.
No.2 DEWALT DWM120 Portable Band Saw Review(Price: $285.99)
DEWALT DWM120 10Amp 5-Inch Deep Cut Portable Band Saw is versatile and durable. It features strong 10amp motor power with different speed control in definite materials and specific applications in cutting. In addition, it offers LED sight which indicates an ergonomic gripping option, cut line, and integrated hand hooks, it works horse saw are packed with tiny details that makes your work a lot simpler.
No.3 Makita BPB180Z Cordless Portable Band Saw Review(Price: $308.99)
Makita is among the world class manufacturers and producers of high end power tools. The company also offers a selection of engineering accessories and applies innovative leading edge of power gears that are lighter, stronger, easier and much powerful to use. US Makita is situated in California and they operate in a widespread distribution of the network through the United States and abroad.
No.4 JET JWBS-14DXPR Band Saw Review(Price: $849.99)
Prides its innovative and updated features that offer dependable precision, JET Deluxe Pro JWBS-14DXPR Band Saw tackles the hardest re-sawing work. As host of useful details, it includes high tension spring designs that give you control and power for accurate and clean cuts, plus strong construction to ensure maximum durability for lifelong usage.
No.5 Rikon 10-325 14-Inch Deluxe Band Saw Review(Price: $949.99)
This Rikon 10-325 deluxe band saw tool is produced to offer you choices for wood cutting and other non-ferrous material, high-quality RIKON Superior Band Saw gives cast iron and large working table, powerful 1.5 HP motor with 2 speeds, and a ball bearing blade guide. With comfortable feature like easy ejection blade tension, viewing windows, and dust port to aid with adjustable, this precision band saw includes long-lasting fence rip as well with re-sawing bar.
Band Saw Buying Guide
You need a band saw to expertly cut wood of different curves, thickness and sizes. A band saw will allow you to move wood or lumber with both hands while the blades move efficiently to create distinct shapes and cuts. It’s important to select the ideal band saw that will work for your projects; so whether you will only use the band saw for home projects or for a woodworking business, count on a band saw buying guides to help you out. Here are some tips:
- No matter what size of band saw you would like to purchase, it has a blade guide system (upper and lower guides) that keeps the blade in place. You have to be very particular about this system making sure that guides are easy to adjust, will never make the blade move unnecessarily but are moderately-sized to give you an unobstructed view of your wooden project.
- The band saw stand is also very important since it basically holds your band saw safely and securely in place. As the band saw moves, it will likely vibrate and cause the area to move as well. A secure stand will minimize this and offer a safe area where you can place your projects as the saw inches away. It’s also possible to find a mobile band saw stand so you can transport your saw easily.
- A dust bin that connects to a bag or a suction hose of a shop vac is also a great feature that you need to look for. This will efficiently remove and capture dust that could interfere with your project as well as the efficient movement of the band saw.
- A moving table or a tilt table is important when making angled cuts. The table should be able to tilt in different angles and lock in place for easy use.
- Certain features to look for in a band saw are all about its impressive ability to cut wood, lumber or wooden boards. You need to check these out to find the most useful tool:
- Resawing capacity – is the ability of a band saw to slice a board through its width. The saw must be able to slice through a narrow piece of wood with ease. You should ask help from a store clerk or a helper to demonstrate the band saw’s resaw capacity as you shop for the best buy at the store.
- Bookmatching – this is the ability of a resaw cut to open like a book. You can easily check for the band saw’s bookmatching capabilities as you place two sawn surfaces together for comparison; there should be a mirror image of the other. When there is symmetry on both the lumber or wooden pieces then two are bookmatched.
- Check for other band saw accessories that will help you cut wider boards with ease. To increase the saw’s ability to saw wider and larger wooden blocks or panels a riser block is often used. This bolts in the middle of the saw to increase the capacity to more than 4 inches.
- Aside from accessories and different features, you should consider the band saw brand to get the best value for your money. To be able to find the best one, shop from different brands and compare your choices. You should be able to find a saw that has all the features that you need from the brand that you can trust.
- Look for a band saw brand with available accessories. You may be interested in a saw that has accessories that are too difficult to find. Choose models and brands with easy to order accessories from retail shops online. Remember too that you need genuine accessories to go with your saw; never mix and match accessories from other band saw models and brands.
- Finally, manufacturer’s warranty must also be considered in buying a band saw. Longer warranties mean that you don’t have to worry about failing parts and parts replacement especially when you use your saw more often. Tools like band saws often get limited warranties to shop and compare several brands to get the best manufacturer’s deal.