Best Air Purifier Reviews – Top 5 Air Purifiers 2014
Read following best Air Purifier Reviews and get your NO.1 Air Purifier:
No.1 Blueair 450E Air Purifier Review(Price: $629.00)
The Blueair 450E has the most efficient air filter abilities which will capture harmful particles like dust, smog, pollen, animal dander and hair, bacteria and viruses effectively. The machine’s air filter capacity is measured by CADR ratings or Clean Air Delivery Rate; this air purified has 250 for dust, 240 for smoke and 255 for pollen. An air purifier must be effective as it is efficient.
No.2 Winix WAC5500 True HEPA Air Cleaner Review(Price: $199.00)
The Winix WZC5500 air cleaner is the right type of air purifier that can secure a large-sized room. Its efficient True HEPA Air Cleaner filter is the most advanced in filtration technology that will capture the smallest micro organism as well as pollen, smoke, hair, dander and all the other common threats to clean and fresh indoor air.
No.3 Honeywell 50250-S Air Purifier Review(Price: $164.78)
The Honeywell 50250–S Round air purifier has a uniquely designed SurroundSeal True HEPA filter that can remove all common airborne particles and indoor pollutants even as small as 0.3 microns small. And since it uses efficient True HEPA filters, it is also very effective in the control of viruses, bacteria, dust, pollen, cigarette smoke, pores and animal dander.
No.4 Oreck AirInstinct 100 Air Purifier Review(Price: $294.99)
The Oreck AirInstinct is a smart and compact air purifier that has two types of filter media that will ensure that your home is protected from all types of allergens, smoke and unpleasant odor. It has a 3 year HEPA filter that can take care of minute particles even as small as 0.3 microns and will take care of almost 100% of all potential harmful particles in the air.
No.5 Whirlpool AP25030K Whispure Air Purifier Review(Price: $199.99)
The Whirlpool AP25030K Whispure air purifier has two special filter media that will clean and maintain air more efficiently and effectively. A first layer of charcoal filter will not just filter smoke and harmful particles but will also neutralize odors and smells in the common home like tobacco smell, cooking smell, paint smell and other dangerous fumes that are found in the home.
Best Air Purifier – Blueair 450E Review
Blueair 450E Features
- Weighs 34 pounds and measures 11 x 20 x 23 inches
- 4 Speed air purifier
- Comes with a HEPA Silent Technology filter
- Guarantees 5 air changes per hour in a room that measures up to 365 square feet
- Built with electronic sensors
- With active carbon filtration
- With a recyclable filter media
- With an auto mode and timer functions
- Comes with an easy to read digital display
- With a handy remote control
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
Efficient HEPA filter
An air purifier is as good as its filter which is why this is the initial thing that shoppers look when purchasing air purifier systems. The Blueair 450E comes with a HEPA filter system which is one of the best filters that has been created by man. It can trap more airborne contaminants better with its fine filter mesh; it can remove up to 99.97% of airborne particles that may cause sickness, allergies and asthma. Larger particles like viruses and bacteria that are able to pass through regular filters will be trapped and embedded in the HEPA filter. This is why many would agree that an air purifier like the Blueair 450E may be as good as its filter system.
Looking at this air purifier you may mistake it for a desktop computer tower or an oven. There are no hints that this machine is indeed an air purifier let alone it can work more than air purifiers of its kind. You can place this in the middle of the room and no one will ever know that you are using an air purifier.
This 4-speed air purifier is very powerful hence it can remove dirty air than other machines can and can replace room air to make indoor air healthier and cleaner faster. The powerful motor is also more efficient making it quieter and more practical to use in a small home.
Advantages of using a Blueair 450E
- The Blueair 450Eis an effective air purifier ideal for homes with family members who have allergies and those who have asthma. Dealing with these chronic illnesses could be very costly and complications are also very dangerous; allergies and asthma may cause death if not dealt with immediately. With this air purifier a homeowner will be able to reduce this possibility by trapping dangerous air and airborne particles in the HEPA filter.
- The Blueair 450E is able to clean air more efficiently than other air purifiers can while deodorizing indoor air as well. This model can remove odors and embarrassing kitchen and bathroom smells when it is placed near these areas. Its powerful purifying features will clean air and return fresher and safer air back.
- Is capable of making 5 air changes per hour which means for as long as the Blueair 450E is powered on, you can be assured of fresh air that is removed and replaced hour after hour.
- With an active carbon filtration systems that will help reduce odors and trap smoke due to cooking and smoking. It may also help extend the life of expensive HEPA filters which can slowly reduce its efficiency when used alone. Carbon filters act as pre-filters that trap larger air particles away from HEPA filters; pre-filters are recyclable and easy to clean and may even cost less than ultimate HEPA filters.
- The convenient auto and timer modes will help reduce electricity consumption since you can program your machine to work only when there are dangerous airborne particles to clean otherwise it stays off.
- The digital display is convenient to see and will tell you the time, the speed and other important information of your room air quality.
- The unit is very stylish, as mentioned, you can easily mistake it as a computer tower or a console since it is shaped like one. It is sleek and impressive making it ideal for any home interior design. You can place it in the living room to reduce foul smelling odors that will greet your guests or you may place it in the kitchen to totally eradicate smelly cooking odors.
- It is perfect for a medium to large-sized room. It can be placed conveniently in the middle of a loft to totally reduce foul smelling odors and
Disadvantages of using a Blueair 450E
- The Blueair 450E is a reliable air purifier model however there are several complaints that the unit could be noisy when set in the highest level. Most consumers notice an audible fan-like sound that may not be too disturbing at level 2 however as the level increases there is a terrible sound that could disrupt sleep. However this disadvantage could be a simple offset compared to the massive advantages that consumers have with this air purifier.
- A new plastic smell may also be noticed during the initial week of use. This may be a “new appliance smell” but people who are sensitive with this kind of odor may find it irritating. This however is removed after quite some time. You don’t need to do anything but wait till this smell is gone.
- Another disadvantage could be the Blueair 450E’s price. This air purifier is sold for $629.00 online clearly belonging in the high end line. The price is definitely too expensive for a homeowner on a budget. If you do a little bit of effort in researching for the best model for your home, then you may be able to find air purifier models that have the most affordable price.
Overall, the Blueair 450E is an ideal air purifier model that is ideal for a moderately-sized home. Its features make it an air purifier that is suitable for homes with asthma or allergies since it can significantly remove harmful air particles in the air that can cause these health conditions. The disadvantages are very minor; an audible noise heard when the purifier is at its highest setting plus the expensive price, these two are very minor compared to the many efficient features that it has.
Air Purifier Buying Guide
For people with allergies, it’s important to find ways to clean air especially indoor air at home. If you are tired of taking allergy medications and going to doctor’s offices then you need to use an air purifier at home. With an efficient air purifier, you will have cleaner and healthier air indoors so you can fight allergies easier. And if this is your first time to purchase an air purifier, this buying guide will surely help you out:
- The filter media – air purifiers have different types and different layers of filter media and the most common ones that are found in popular air purifiers today are True HEPA filters. Choose air purifiers that has a pre filter before the HEPA filter layer is found, this does not only extend the life of the expensive True HEPA filters but will also help reduce odors from cigarette smoke, cooking fumes, chemical cleaners, wall paint and more. Typically, the more filter layers the better air cleaning capacity the machine has.
- The capacity – there are air purifiers that are made for small rooms and then there are products that are meant for moderate sized and large room areas. You can determine this by checking for the air exchange rate or its room capacity. The best model would have a higher room capacity (365 square feet and above) plus the air exchange rates depend on the size of the room or the area where you will use the machine.
- Maintenance – there are so many kinds of filter media available but the most preferred are washable HEPA filters that will save you on maintenance costs. HEPA filters have smaller or finer filter grains than the usual air purifier filter which make dust and dirt attach to the filter easily. A suitable filter may be washed with ordinary running water.
There is also an option to easily purchase extra filters when necessary and extra ones should be easily brought from retail sites online.
- Odor elimination – aside from purifying air from minute harmful particles, virus, bacteria and molds, an ideal air purifier must have an efficient filter media that can neutralize odor and toxic fumes indoors. Look for air purifiers with carbon pre filters that can easily remove odor and harmful smells indoors.
- Energy efficiency – the device must be Energy Star certified to ensure that it conforms to safety and energy efficiency as a home appliance. You should also look for energy saving features that can help you reduce electricity consumption like a built in timer, automatic setting features and different fan speeds to allow users to manually adjust the device. All these will help you save on electricity bills as well as allergy medicine costs and medical consultation costs.
- Ease of use – the air purifier must be easy to use with features like automatic setting, easy to use controls, availability of a remote control and so much more.
- Design – you can choose from a traditional air purifier design with air vents and intake outlets found on either sides or you may choose a space-age design to match your modern home. There are even air purifiers with pilot lights, indicator lights, stands and casters; which one you choose will depend on your exceptional taste.
- Noise reduction – some air purifiers could be noisy which is usually coming from the fan mechanism found inside the machine. Look for a purifier with noise reduction or noiseless operation but don’t just take their word for it, try the machine out. Noise is the most common complaint that users have. Read product reviews online so you won’t miss air purifiers that can be noisy in the long run.
- Warranties – different brands offer different manufacturer’s warranties. Usually, air purifiers have three to five years warranty with a separate warranty for True HEPA filter media and the pre filter media as well. You can get an extended warranty on your air purifier before you manufacturer’s warranty is up.
- Price – there are high end air purifiers that may cost a small fortune but offers impressive filter capacities and layer of filter media; but there are low end products that may also offer great features. Be sure to shop and compare products before you make up your mind.