An air compressor can look like a simple device for home use; an even small device to power heavy and strong equipment. However, this simple device can do a lot of things like inflating toys and for a heavy duty purpose inflate more than that. If you want to be satisfied for your next purchase of air compressor, you need to be guided accordingly.
Best Air Compressor Reviews 2014 – Top 5 Air Compressors
No.1 Makita MAC5200 Air Compressor Review(Price: $349.00)
Makita has been living its aim to be one of the most trusted brands when it comes to new technology in the field of industrial equipment. It has come up with a new wave of equipment in the form of Makita MAC5200 Air Compressor Review. How does this new type of air compressor differ with other products produced with the same brand?
No.2 Makita MAC700 Air Compressor Review(Price: $219.99)
Makita is a known leader in terms of industrial equipment. For years, it has been delivering quality products for both light weight and heavy duty industrial needs specifically in the construction industry. Their revolutionary way of transforming every heavy piece of industrial work can be seen in the products they have been producing. An example of which is Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressor.
No.3 Porter-Cable C2002-WK Air Compressor Review(Price: $167.99)
Air compressor might leave a notion to stand great performance amidst the tough work conditions. However, these air compressors have also certain models for domestic use such as the Porter-Cable C2002-WK Air Compressor to stand light work. This air compressor is perfect for light inflating needs such as inflating sports equipment and toys.
No.4 Senco PC1010 Air Compressor Review(Price: $119.99)
Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak 1-Gallon Compressor defines the meaning of portability. It is light weight that is perfect to easily maneuver the whole thing wherever you may want it to be. It weighs 10 pounds that is light enough to carry wherever you may want it to stay. You may choose to put it above any even surface like a table and you can already start working.
No.5 Stanley Bostitch CAP1512-OF Trim Compressor Review(Price: $139.97)
Trim compressors have been creating an easy life for most of the industrial workers. What more if it has come from a trusted brand Bostitch? It has served for years creating only products built to stand extreme work with portability features. Its recent Stanley Bostitch CAP1512-OF Trim Compressor is one of its best defining features of the brand.
Best Air Compressor- Makita MAC5200 Review
Makita MAC5200 Features
- Weighs 104.4 pounds and measures 29 x 19.5 x 19 inches
- With Makita’s Big Bore engineered pump cylinder and piston
- Powered by a 3.0 HP motor with built-in thermal overload system
- Made of cast-iron with roll-cage construction
- With large automotive style filter for increased air intake
- With a 5.2 gallon tank
- With oil drain, oil sight glass and tank drain
- Can sustain pressures of 140 PSI
- Can delivery 40 PSI and 90 PSI ideal for two nailers
- Oil lubricated pump
- Guarantees less noise
- With rugged 8” pneumatic wheels and folding handle
- Comes with 1 year parts and labor
- Purchase includes oil and 1/4 “ universal quick coupler
For so many types of applications
On the field, it’s tough enough what cruel working conditions do to your tools and your equipment. You definitely need an all-around equipment to help you get the job done in just about any tough working environment. This is where quality equipment like the Makita MAC5200, one of the toughest and most durable air compressor which is built to be used in any work environment. Whether you are working on the road, in a building construction site or in a manufacturing plant, you will find that there are features of this Makita air compressor that will get the job done twice as fast.
The secret to Makita MAC5200’s durability in any work environment is its design. It is engineered to apply the ideal force and power for any job or application in any condition. It’s important that a company or a business owner considers high quality equipment to eventually improve work output.
Makita Big Bore compressors
Makita has been one of the pioneers in industrial equipment and with its Big Bore air compressor series, products are designed to provide maximum impact but with less noise compared to other regular air compressors in the market. The cast iron cylinder body complete with its design construction makes it efficient and ideal to use for any demanding worksite. Makita air compressors of this range also offer more convenient features that can truly make worksite woes a thing of the past. The brand is known for optimum performance, convenient features, durable construction and reliable engineering which will surely make the Makita MAC5200 a permanent addition to your worksite no matter what industry you are in.
Advantages of using the Makita MAC5200
- The Makita MAC5200 offers less noise but with powerful air compressor performance. It can take minor to major jobs easily with its powerful industrial grade motor but allows the user to move it anywhere he wants to go with its folding handle and rugged wheels.
- This air compressor is unlike traditionally designed compressors since it “cradled frame” design makes it easier to carry and take anywhere. This frame technically makes up the entire system that supports the entire machine reducing noise and terrible vibrations that are very common in air compressors.
- Its powerful 3.0 horse power motor has a built-in thermal overload feature that provides additional protection should there would be any electrical and system problems. It is ideal for any jobsite with its Big Bore engineered pump.
- The pump is oil lubricated which also contributes to less noise as well as faster recovery in between application. This Makita air compressor is equipped with an oil-lubricated pump with a large filter; this greatly increases air intake making the machine more powerful than what it already is.
- The roll cage or cradled frame construction may also house all the accessories that the Makita MAC5200 can hold like its long cord, drills, drill bits, air fittings and accessories. You can be sure that you have everything nearby when you choose this Makita air compressor.
- The Makita MAC5200 is designed to require less maintenance despite its high output and motor power. Remember to follow manufacturer’s recommendations in the maintenance and care of this air compressor before you repair or clean the machine up.
- You can conveniently remove and replace oil from the motor with a highly convenient oil drain and oil sight glass; the tank and the tank drain are ideal for thoroughly cleaning this piece of equipment.
Disadvantages of using the Makita MAC5200
There are mixed reviews for the Makita MAC5200; while many beamed in the impressive power and efficiency of this machine, some complained about the noise that the machine makes. Most say that the noise was present on the initial day that the air compressor was used and the machine never recovered from the awful sound.
- Although the machine seems to be very durable and efficient, the wheels are plastic which means may easily wear out compared with air compressors and other heavy machinery that uses rubber wheels. These wheels could wear in just a short period of time since it is made of plastic. A more durable material must be considered in order for the MAC5200 to survive the demands of any job.
- The instruction booklet that came with the product was poorly written. The part when the guide is providing steps to break the machine, which is a very important maintenance technique in an air compressor with this power, must be rewritten to provide customers a well instructed guide.
Overall, the Makita MAC5200 is a highly reliable air compressor which can be handy in so many jobs. It can meet the strong demands of work in a job site or at home where there are do-it-yourself projects that need to be done. It has features that make it very easy to use and very efficient to maintain. The oil drain and see-through oil glass also helps tell you if your machine needs a new change of oil.
It has a well –designed stand and motor that will reduce noise, vibrations and hence will stand working in different kinds of heavy duty projects. It is ideal to use for so many kinds of industries while it is also a handy help at home. The Makita MAC5200 is definitely well recommended to anyone looking for a reliable air compressor machine.’
Air Compressor Buying Guide
There are three general types of compressors that you may consider buying. One is the consumer compressor. This is an easy to use compressor. Usually, inflatable toys benefit more with the use of this type of compressor. As this is light weight, this is a portable tool that you can easily carry while you are travelling. This is also perfect for those who are not really knowledgeable in mechanical terms. If you need a bigger air source to inflate bigger objects, contractor air compressors are perfect. This is perfect to power up nail guns and other heavy home equipment needing compressed air to operate. And lastly, there is also commercial air compressor that you can readily use.
Aside from these kinds of air compressors you can buy, there are also things that you should consider to come up with the best choice of air compressor to buy.
- What do you want your air compressor to be? Portable or stationary? Invest on portable ones if you are only handling simple things such as sports equipment. For heavy duty work, stationary air compressors work better. These stationary air compressors are actually tuned in and made for heavy to supply mechanical equipment enough boost to operate.
- Make sure that the compressor has enough horsepower to stand its purpose. This encourages an easy air compression that you will need. But, air compression should also be kept to a close watch. An increased pressure could damage the whole thing which you would not want to happen.
- You will also be faced with the choice of gas powered air compressor and electric air compressor. Gas powered one is more expensive though but it gives you a benefit when it comes to power efficacy. Electric air compressor on the other hand is perfect when you need an extra pump. But, the drawback of using this kind of air compressor is that it demands you to use electric power which can be a little costly.
- Tank size is also one of the factors to consider. For heavy duty use such as powering a mechanical tool, an air compressor with a tank that can hold 20 gallons of air should be the best choice. This is enough air to keep the action going and to maintain its prowess as you progress. But for a light work like inflating simple toys and sports equipment, you may just take the smaller ones which they call the air compressor with a hotdog tank.
- Pump type is also something to think about. There are types for continuous use and also for occasional use. Determine the type where you will benefit more.
- Best air compressors should also be safe to use. Belt guards and valves are present in air compressors to release the air that is accumulated once there is an increased pressure going on.
- Additional features are also a plus. Some air compressors have cooling systems to pacify an extreme work. This will also sustain the life of the machine. When buying an air compressor, look for specific features to get most out of the money you have paid for it.
- Your budget is also of great importance. The heavier the work of the air compressor is, the more costly it becomes. The source of power also says the price. Gas powered air compressor for instance is more expensive than electric air compressor used in most homes.
In the end it will just boil down to a single conclusion. Just like any other products and entities, your satisfaction determines what the best air compressor is for you. It is relatively different from one person to another as there are also varying needs. But as much as possible remember these simple guides to help you decide on the right air compressor to buy. These will mainly help you arrive at the closest possible best choice.